FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sad to say but is it boat time?  (Read 6247 times)

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
Sad to say but is it boat time?
« on: Feb 18, 2014, 05:13 PM »
With all this warm weather, deteriorated ice and water levels rising opening up the shores i might just have to take the boat out  :'( very sad day to see it all go so fast this early in the year. Oh almost forgot, the grass is starting to turn green in areas and the tulips are coming up  :cookoo:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Sad to say but is it boat time?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2014, 07:00 PM »
Deteriorated ice??   Ha we still have 2 ft..    ;D  Today was the warmest day in over a month +... It got to 28*    ;D   Might hit 40* on Thursday.....
But I did go out and hug my boat today... ;D   Looks like our end of April spring trip will be in May this year....... >:(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Lundin-loading

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2014, 09:32 PM »
Weve had some crazy temp swings around here this season, mid January after a week of mid 40's-low 50's i ended up launching the boat. Got cold again for a few weeks and now were back to high 40's. Not ready to be done with ice yet, but I worry it won't be long...
Beauty

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2014, 05:14 AM »
Deteriorated ice??   Ha we still have 2 ft..    ;D  Today was the warmest day in over a month +... It got to 28*    ;D   Might hit 40* on Thursday.....
But I did go out and hug my boat today... ;D   Looks like our end of April spring trip will be in May this year....... >:(

I know what you are saying. I'm looking at my boat out my kitchen window here in WNY with a foot of snow on it and a foot and a half of ice on the lakes. 2-3 days of warmer weather coming followed by another blast of cold.

bailey63

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2014, 05:50 PM »
It'll be a while and over 2 ft on lake erie 30 plus inches in spots. I am chomping at the bit to get on open water but soon enough it'll be time for spring browns. Also thinking the lake erie NY walleye bote is going to be later than normal. That is not a happy thought.
Fishing WNY on "facebook"
22' Islander "H"EYE STRUNG
Fishing is more than what I do it's who I am!!

fishon1

• lets go fishing
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:35 PM »
it is said to see the ice going away this early but i am looking for some soft water, but we got this weekend to hit the ice befor the temps rise back into the 40-50's carzy weather  ???

muskyon46

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2014, 02:03 PM »
Man i wish our ice season was like the rest of you guys, We are now in the middle of a small cold snap that just may allow us to get in a couple more trips but i dont see it lasting to long  :-\ either way its probably time to start giving the boat its start of season preps. I put the bartteries on a trickle charge a few days ago

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2014, 02:10 PM »
If it makes you feel any better as much as I like ice fishing I would rather be in the boat....    ;D ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Lundin-loading

« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2014, 10:15 PM »
I had the boat on the river today ;D balmy 25 degrees, trout were on the feed.
Beauty

muskyon46

« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2014, 09:11 PM »
Got the foot oil changed out today and cleaned up the plugs. Did a little work on the lock that holds the motor cover on also. It was atleast 60 degrees here. I'm starting to wonder if this warm weather keeps up it might just move all the spawns up too. Been thinking about the walleye already

kingfisher22

« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2014, 08:04 PM »
If it makes you feel any better as much as I like ice fishing I would rather be in the boat....    ;D ;D ;D

Me too

muskyon46

« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2014, 02:11 PM »

Me too

I bet you guys would, the weather that way has been CRAZY this year. Not to rub it in but the honey do's are almost done and im ready to get out on the boat  ;D

fishon1

• lets go fishing
« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2014, 09:26 PM »
x2 on that musky can not wait to go after them eyes ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.