FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dam Salmon  (Read 3948 times)

icebomb

Dam Salmon
« on: May 13, 2014, 12:08 PM »
So it doesn't look like many anglers are posting on here but I thought I'd give my question a shot and hope someone has some tips. My friend and I usually fish Sharp and Oahe for smallies and walleye but want to try for salmon above the dam. We do not have down riggers, cowbells, dodgers, and all that deep water rigging. Is there a technique people use that does not involve all that expensive stuff. If so what do you use and how?

htc

Re: Dam Salmon
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 01:45 PM »
this is only info i've found in my quest for salmon fishing oahe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWwosalf_WQ

i'll be heading out there first week of june and since walleye limit is so small gonna chase salmon also seems no one goes after them as walleye are so popular.

-htc

appleye

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 06:32 AM »
Check out some video's on Jet divers and dipsey divers. I caught salmon on both in the fall when they come up shallower. In the summer not sure you could get that stuff deep enough. Might try some 1lb wights and fish a three way. Lots of stuff to try on youtube for sure. Figure out a system the wear it out! Should get something if you give it a couple days. Just remember that salmon and feast or famine. I've gone two days without a hit then 5 in an hour so don't give up to soon.

Good luck.

icebomb

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 05:34 PM »
Thanks for the responses. We trolled the dam for a few hours. No salmon but a few smallies and two big northerns.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.