FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where ya going this week?  (Read 26067 times)

robbi

Re: Where ya going this week?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 16, 2014, 10:21 AM »
Tiber Fun Days this coming weekend.  Jules is in the Womens Tourney on Saturday.........then we'll play it by ear.....wind is supposed to be up, have to see how bad it gets.

RAM1961

« Reply #31 on: Jul 18, 2014, 12:53 PM »
Have a Smith River permit for Saturday, but flows are way down, water temps way up and nobody catching anything the past two weeks per ranger at Camp Baker.  So switching gears - shorter 3-4 day trip down the Blackfoot. 

gso12

« Reply #32 on: Jul 18, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Me an three friends did the smith river for 5 days an just got off wed july16 we caught a bunch of fish. it was a bit low but nothing to bad we did it with catarafts no problem. Had a blast!!!

RAM1961

« Reply #33 on: Jul 19, 2014, 07:30 AM »
Me an three friends did the smith river for 5 days an just got off wed july16 we caught a bunch of fish. it was a bit low but nothing to bad we did it with catarafts no problem. Had a blast!!!

Glad to hear you had a good time.  River was running 265-270 cfs when you dumped in - still decent water for cats and rafts.  This morning it's at 222; below the bare minimum of 225 for cats/rafts - a lot of dragging until one gets down to Tenderfoot.  Not interested in dragging my cat, so will just try again next year.  I wonder why ranger was telling me no one catching fish and hoot owl hours are about to go into affect.

robbi

« Reply #34 on: Jul 20, 2014, 09:55 AM »
With great snow pack everywhere in the state I can't believe how low all the creeks/rivers are already.  Highwood creek is almost unfishable and Belt creek is low.  I thought it was going to be a great year on the creeks and rivers.  I've never done the Smith but I'm sorry for those that went through the process to get the permit, then can't use it!

Got blown off Tiber, I fished Friday, then they got the tournament in Saturday morning and that was about it, wind came up big time.  We came home, I'm not one to sit in camp and watch the wind blow.........LOL

robbi

« Reply #35 on: Jul 24, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Tournament at Tiber this weekend.........we decided not to participate this year.  We will be at Francis this week.  Been a few weeks since we've been there and I haven't heard any reports so hoping we can find them..... ;D

robbi

« Reply #36 on: Aug 01, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Going back to Francis for more abuse?  or will they be turned on this week.......LOL

JayHelfrich

• My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #37 on: Aug 02, 2014, 04:00 AM »
Going back to Francis for more abuse?  or will they be turned on this week.......LOL

Driving to Oregon with a 4 and 6 year old to fish the salt water with my 79 year old dad.  Who's looking for abuse?!?

Jay
Take a kid fishing now and they will return the favor later!

robbi

« Reply #38 on: Aug 02, 2014, 06:56 AM »
LOL.......Jay.....the things memories are made of........will you remember the fishing or the trip most!!  But, priceless when 3 generations share a passion.......Good for you bro!

The Rezerend

« Reply #39 on: Aug 04, 2014, 02:05 PM »
Thinking about staying overnight at Beartooth Landing this weekend, depends on the nephew.

robbi

« Reply #40 on: Aug 04, 2014, 02:23 PM »
That's at Holter Lake right?  upstream a bit?  Love camping up in there..........

The Rezerend

« Reply #41 on: Aug 04, 2014, 03:38 PM »
Ya we usually put in at the Gates then run down to the campground. Pretty nice little camp spot. Decent fishing close.

robbi

« Reply #42 on: Aug 08, 2014, 11:56 AM »
Staying around home this weekend.  Lot's going on, getting ready for visitors this coming week, just bought a motor home to help make our weekend excursions a little more comfortable.  Might hit Belt Creek on Saturday evening for something different, not sure how low it is.

d_smith84

« Reply #43 on: Aug 08, 2014, 12:13 PM »
You know what they say; the top three most expensive toys, 1) airplane 2) boat and 3) rv's.   :laugh: Enjoy!

robbi

« Reply #44 on: Aug 09, 2014, 12:32 AM »
Well thank God I don't know how to fly............LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.