FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 515481 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4230 on: Jun 01, 2021, 05:31 PM »
Very nice Beekeeper..  Love eating fresh honey comb...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4231 on: Jun 07, 2021, 08:37 AM »
Been cutting scapes on my garlic the past 3 days. I’ll probably be harvesting by the end of June.
Potatoes are about 2’ tall now. They’re growing like crazy too.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4232 on: Jun 07, 2021, 11:32 AM »
Got tomatoes 🍅?

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4233 on: Jun 07, 2021, 11:33 AM »
No scapes on my garlic yet..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4234 on: Jun 07, 2021, 01:20 PM »
Got tomatoes 🍅?

No, not yet, but you cheat ;)

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4235 on: Jun 07, 2021, 03:42 PM »
5 thousand mum plugs came this afternoon.. :P

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #4236 on: Jun 07, 2021, 03:55 PM »
Very nice. I wanted to put garlic in this year. Do you wait till fall to plant or can you put in now?

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4237 on: Jun 07, 2021, 03:57 PM »
Very nice. I wanted to put garlic in this year. Do you wait till fall to plant or can you put in now?
  I would wait till September.  The old saying is when the kids go back to school it’s time to plant garlic....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4238 on: Jun 07, 2021, 04:17 PM »
I used to plant my garlic first week of October. I learned something this year. Did my normal planting and then we had an unusually warm fall. The garlic took off and I was worried it would be killed when the deep winter hit. Wrong!!!!

It looks to be the best crop I’ve ever had. I’ll be planting a bit earlier this fall if it turns out the way I think it’s gonna.

Life is very boring without fresh home grown garlic.

Still have a couple dozen heads from last year to tide me over. We love our garlic and it loves us back.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4239 on: Jun 07, 2021, 06:25 PM »
I used to plant my garlic first week of October. I learned something this year. Did my normal planting and then we had an unusually warm fall. The garlic took off and I was worried it would be killed when the deep winter hit. Wrong!!!!

It looks to be the best crop I’ve ever had. I’ll be planting a bit earlier this fall if it turns out the way I think it’s gonna.

Life is very boring without fresh home grown garlic.

Still have a couple dozen heads from last year to tide me over. We love our garlic and it loves us back.

Rg
got any you can spare for seed?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4240 on: Jun 09, 2021, 06:33 AM »
I use my largest for seed each year and buy a quart basket of cloves from a local farm market for the rest. I use everything I grow. What I buy I sort and plant the largest cloves. The rest I either cook with or preserve in oil for later.

Just under 2” of rain the last 2 days. The geniuses are calling for more thunderstorms today. I have to mow regardless. I hate mowing wet grass.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4241 on: Jun 09, 2021, 01:35 PM »
5 thousand mum plugs came this afternoon.. :P

I bought a couple mums last year. Potted them and never cleared out the pot. Stayed out all winter long.

Remarkably, one of them came alive this spring. I planted it in the garden and it’s doing very well. Had no idea they’d winter over.

Rg

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4242 on: Jun 09, 2021, 02:23 PM »
got any you can spare for seed?
I have 75 hard and soft stemmed right from old country stock. We also have 25 elephants in, if they come out good you can have some.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4243 on: Jun 09, 2021, 02:57 PM »
There’s around 120 heads in my garden.

Been trimming scrapes the last week.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4244 on: Jun 09, 2021, 05:17 PM »
There’s around 120 heads in my garden.

Been trimming scrapes the last week.

Rg

I love making garlic scape pesto. Use ol fashioned ice cube trays to freeze them in convenient serving sizes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.