FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512948 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4245 on: Jun 09, 2021, 05:22 PM »
Looking good gentleman...👍👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

taxid

« Reply #4246 on: Jun 09, 2021, 08:53 PM »
Praise the Lord! I got close to an inch via a thunderstorm just a little while ago. Watering the garden has been getting old. The storm came in from east to west believe it or not. Not common but it does happen.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4247 on: Jun 10, 2021, 04:46 AM »
Storms went all around us yesterday.
 Just got done watering mine . 
Now time to go do it at work and also fill more mum pots with soil... :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Dirt23

« Reply #4248 on: Jun 10, 2021, 06:07 AM »
I love making garlic scape pesto. Use ol fashioned ice cube trays to freeze them in convenient serving sizes
not sure if you like dilly beans but scapes pickled in same manner are tasty if looking for any other ideas

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4249 on: Jun 10, 2021, 06:36 AM »
not sure if you like dilly beans but scapes pickled in same manner are tasty if looking for any other ideas

That sounds interesting. 

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4250 on: Jun 10, 2021, 06:48 AM »
I scored this off the side of the road last week for free. Going to bring the lady some garlic later this month.

My friend has 1700 garlic in, the elephant garlic is starting to get scapes on them to trim. If he doesnt sell them I'm gonna get some to pickle, sounds good to me.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4251 on: Jun 10, 2021, 08:33 AM »
Nice score! I’ve looked at that style of compost bin . I like them.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4252 on: Jun 10, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Nice cny.   I had an original compost tumbler.  The barrel was tin.   Rusted out over the years... :-\

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4253 on: Jun 10, 2021, 12:47 PM »
I just notices tiny green tomatoes on one of my plants. We’re anxiously awaiting a big BLT with our own tomatoes.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4254 on: Jun 10, 2021, 02:48 PM »
We had BLT’s for dinner last night…they were good, but not homegrown tomato/lettuce good…going to be a while for us.
Trying something new this year, keeping all flowers off the tomatoes until they reach 18” tall. An old timer told me that he gets much bigger and healthier tomatoes this way. Also said you get less tomatoes overall but the quality is much better.
We’ll see….

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4255 on: Jun 10, 2021, 02:49 PM »
Heading out to cut the garlic scapes…going to try and pickle them this year as someone suggested.

fishinator

« Reply #4256 on: Jun 10, 2021, 02:55 PM »
We had BLT’s for dinner last night…they were good, but not homegrown tomato/lettuce good…going to be a while for us.
Trying something new this year, keeping all flowers off the tomatoes until they reach 18” tall. An old timer told me that he gets much bigger and healthier tomatoes this way. Also said you get less tomatoes overall but the quality is much better.
We’ll see….
I pull all the flowers off my peppers until they are about 2' tall. I also top them when they are about a foot tall, makes them branch out like crazy.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4257 on: Jun 10, 2021, 05:05 PM »
Heading out to cut the garlic scapes…going to try and pickle them this year as someone suggested.

I munched a few as I was cutting them. At least the mosquitos won’t bother me.

Rg

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4258 on: Jun 10, 2021, 06:31 PM »

We’ll see….
The trick to good tomatoes is to plant the little ones sideways. That way more of the stem becomes root, stronger plants every time. I kid you not, old amish secret, or on a lot of raised bed videos. 😉

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4259 on: Jun 10, 2021, 08:01 PM »
That’s very interesting and makes a lot of sense…going to have to try that next season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.