FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Portable Batteries Suitable for Charging Marine Batteries  (Read 2509 times)

spacecityguy

Hi,

Boating newbie here curious about the best way to charge my boat that is stored on a dry stack. I have an onboard charger for my deep cycle battery but no a/c power access at storage. It seems my options would be either to remove the battery and take it home to charge it between uses or to charge it with a portable power source while using the boat. I have read about using gas-powered generators to charge it onboard but am curious if there is a lighter and less combustive solutions. With the portable power banks getting more and more power, I notice lately there are batter-operated power stations that claim to be able to charge car/marine batteries. Curious to know what the experienced folks think about using something like this I came across on amazon to charge my boat's batteries.

Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 1000

Thanks for any inputs you can spare.

Mac Attack

Re: Portable Batteries Suitable for Charging Marine Batteries
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2021, 02:13 PM »
Solar?

Is there a source for sunlight?

I use one for my boat trailer winch deep cycle battery and it works great.

This is the one I use -

https://www.amazon.com/Sunway-Solar-Maintainer-Motorcycle-Powersports/dp/B07QXYXMXT/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=solar%2Bbattery%2Bcharger&qid=1615921930&sr=8-20&th=1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.