FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing CT River and Moore for first time this weekend  (Read 3328 times)

AquaAssassin

Re: Fishing CT River and Moore for first time this weekend
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2021, 08:55 AM »
Good stuff John
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

zwiggles

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2021, 09:08 AM »
Good stuff John

X2! Having yet to catch a pike, that sounds awesome!

Johnnh

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2021, 05:41 PM »
I agree with Pikin. When you catch your first Pike, your adventure has begun.
I think i need to go find a pike and have the beast tow me around in my kayak.
John

Hottuna5150

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2021, 05:27 AM »
It's funny how perspective changes. My old man was a die hard bass guy and growing up pike (or gators) were garbage fish. They were no good spinner/buzzbait thieves and you were happy to land one just because it meant they hadn't taken 10$ off the end of the line. Fast forward to about 3 years ago when an old timer told me they used to eat them growing up and how he preferred them to walleye (Now i've never caught or eaten walleye but I know how renowned they are for their chops as table fare). Despite being extremely dubious I gave it a shot and although I'm not trading in my crappies or burbs at the top of my eating list I was shocked at how delicious it was (particularly lightly breaded on a spicy fish sandwich). Now I make an annual winter trip to champ for some eater pike where the mid class hits the table and the pigs go back. The hookups come with a fair bit of excitement where there used to be instant dread.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.