FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big lake  (Read 1723 times)

fishcaptain1

Big lake
« on: Apr 18, 2021, 05:37 PM »
Made it out on winni for the first time this year and it didn’t disappoint today. We only caught one of the targeted species also known as salmon but the lake trout were hungry. Caught 14 lake trout up to five pounds one salmon that weighed 3.98 and went 23 1/2 inches and one nice rainbow. It was a great day all caught on smelt at 10 feet down usually over 20 to 25 feet of water. But all in all a great day

mowbizz

Re: Big lake
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2021, 05:50 PM »
Nice to have those active days!  Congrats on a good outing!

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2021, 08:01 PM »
We were smallie fishing today sand ended up with a few lake trout on jerkbaits ..chilly weekend up here
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2021, 06:54 AM »
Nice catch!  Let us know how that laker tastes. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2021, 12:42 PM »
Lots better than my day on SKUNKAPEE

bikrsrule

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2021, 03:58 PM »
Made it out on winni for the first time this year and it didn’t disappoint today. We only caught one of the targeted species also known as salmon but the lake trout were hungry. Caught 14 lake trout up to five pounds one salmon that weighed 3.98 and went 23 1/2 inches and one nice rainbow. It was a great day all caught on smelt at 10 feet down usually over 20 to 25 feet of water. But all in all a great day

Great outing for you, I will have to say, I have been doing very well on the big lake this season, as of today, 19 salmon landed in my boat all but 4 were at least 18" and we did get 2- 6 pounders so far, only 1 lake trout 11 real decent rainbows between 16 and 20 inch..most all catches on tandem flies, few on live smelt..Gotta love it.

zwiggles

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2021, 06:37 PM »
Nice reports gentleman!

taxid

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 07:24 AM »
One of these days I'm going to rent an Airbnb on that lake and fish for bluegills with a fly rod. Yes you heard right. Word is there are some very large ones in that lake.

Catch and release mostly. I made the mistake of keeping too many in Mass once and was filleting them until 2 A.M. on my honeymoon. Never did that again!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.