FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Couple nice ones from A-Bay  (Read 1504 times)

Steve H.

Couple nice ones from A-Bay
« on: Apr 26, 2021, 06:49 AM »
Took a buddy of mine out on Alton Bay on Saturday.  Berry's only had dead smelt (charged us the same as live  ::)).  So we headed out with those.  I don't have much experience rigging dead smelt but with a needle I bought at the shop, I got the job done well enough.  Quickly got two decent lakers (~20") off Black Point with the smelts running off leadcore down 2-3 colors or so.  Noticed a bunch of boats back toward the bay so headed in that direction.  On our way over started to see some occasional surface activity.  Ended up getting two really nice salmon in the 22-23" range, one on leadcore and one on the downrigger, but both on those dead smelt.  I don't typically take fish but my buddy wanted them for the table, so they went into the fish box.

It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

AquaAssassin

Re: Couple nice ones from A-Bay
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2021, 06:55 AM »
Congrats!

You’ll never see the day I’d pay for dead Smelt that’s a promise.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Roccus

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2021, 11:52 AM »
Congrats!

You’ll never see the day I’d pay for dead Smelt that’s a promise.

Me either. I've got too many suttons and mooseloks to even contemplate it.

good job Steve..making chicken soup out of chicken  XXXX

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2021, 12:24 PM »
Me either. I've got too many suttons and mooseloks to even contemplate it.

good job Steve..making chicken soup out of chicken  XXXX

Oh, I got plenty of hardware.  Suttons, mooselooks and a crapload of other spoons and whatnots.  Flashers, dodgers, single hook streamers, tandem hook streamers...  The list is long.

Not sure if we would done as well with hardware but I'm happy with the results and my buddy, who doesn't fish much, was thrilled.  Worth it to me.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

zwiggles

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2021, 01:57 PM »
Sounds like a good day! And some nice filets for the grill too!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.