FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Carp Chronicles  (Read 14040 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Big Carp Chronicles
« Reply #45 on: Jun 07, 2021, 08:39 AM »
I’ll have to look into those braids. The spiderwire is certainly strong, but I think it’s too abrasive. I want to find something that’s fused.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #46 on: Jun 07, 2021, 11:49 AM »
There were two fully equipped carp shooting boats on the lake when we got there at sun up yesterday...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #47 on: Jun 07, 2021, 01:19 PM »
Well, it’s legal. I have no problem with it I guess. To each his own.
 Been doing a bit of research on Keuka for carp. We have a cottage there for our 50th. There’s some big carp in that lake. I’ve seen pics of 37 to 50 lb fish. Lucky for me, my Bride is just fine with me fishing while we’re there.

Gotta love that girl. Think I’ll marry her all over again.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #48 on: Jun 09, 2021, 02:25 PM »
Did some recon today. Fished a few spots this morning just casting poppers for bass. Did manage one good largemouth. Main objective was carp observation.

Didn’t see any spawning carp anywhere. So, I’m back at it tomorrow morning. It’ll be nice and cool and none of this ridiculous humidity.

Nice!

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #49 on: Jun 10, 2021, 08:29 AM »
Fished from 5:00 till 9:00. Went 4 for 5 this morning.

Phone was dying so I only got 2 pics. The one I lost I simply could not control at all. Never saw it except for a few swirls on the surface. It finally took me into the rocks and the hook pulled.

The bottom one was the last fish I caught. It was big! Saw it porpoise in front of me and I considered pulling up stakes. But I waited about 15 minutes anyway and it hit…….like a freight train. The new reel is just plain awesome. I highly recommend it for carp and cats.

My first fish this morning was a channel cat. That’s something new for me.

I gotta get a bigger net!
 Really nice morning to be out.
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #50 on: Jun 10, 2021, 11:19 AM »
Another good morning..👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #51 on: Jun 10, 2021, 05:08 PM »
Went to my spot and shot out about 1/2 lb of boiled field corn soaked with some vanilla. Going first thing tomorrow morning.

I was thinking about it and I probably rushed the one that I lost. Need to take my time I guess.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #52 on: Jun 10, 2021, 05:14 PM »

RG we sometimes rush , but sometimes they just get away , it’s called fate

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #53 on: Jun 10, 2021, 06:08 PM »
Well, I’m pretty sure it was “operator error”. …or a huge carp. I’m hoping it was a huge carp.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #54 on: Jun 11, 2021, 06:58 AM »
Went 4 for 6 this morning. Probably could have stayed all day. Had a lot of fish around.

Tried an alteration to my pack bait recipe. It’s been just Panko, strawberry jello and creamed corn. I added some cheap bran flakes (ground up) and some Walmart brand coffee creamer. I looked for dried milk but couldn’t find it so I went with the creamer.

I tested the breakdown rate yesterday and it took about 10 minutes to turn from a packed ball into particles. It put out lots of cloud and particles. Worked great this morning. Fish were all over it.

Rg

zwiggles

« Reply #55 on: Jun 11, 2021, 12:28 PM »
Well done RG!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #56 on: Jun 11, 2021, 02:29 PM »
Fun stuff for sure. I highly recommend it.

Rg

Bartman44

« Reply #57 on: Jun 12, 2021, 09:04 AM »
Looks like you're dialed in, fun stuff.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #58 on: Jun 12, 2021, 02:21 PM »
I’ll find out tomorrow morning if I’m “dialed in” or not.

I’m hoping to burn up some gear..

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #59 on: Jun 14, 2021, 02:21 PM »
Well I didn’t get out for carp. Seems I had a lot on my plate for an old retired/ un-retired guy. I did toss some flies for gills with little success.

But,  all is well and I’ll get out tomorrow morning for some carp. Don’t have much longer for this particular spot. Weeds are going to be an issue if they aren’t already.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.