FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore
The board sponsored by:

Author Topic: "Warming driving rapid oxygen losses in lakes in U.S. and across globe”  (Read 1433 times)

CF

Well, seeing that you have that bad orange man that hurt everyone's feelings out of the way do something about it. The ball is in your court now and this is what you wanted. You have 3 1/2 years to get it done and I am going to sit up here on my perch and smile. You save the earth and mankind in that period or we are all doomed.....
Coal is on it’s last breathe and at most is a bridge source now to future techs.  Electric cars are now in most car maker pipelines. New technologies are just now comineand into serious development stages. The US is Again becoming great and a #1 player on the world stage. We are back in climate sanity talks with our allies and adversaries. There is no lying nut in Our Whitehouse and today, "Keystone XL was halted by owner TC Energy after U.S. President Joe Biden this year revoked a key permit needed for a U.S. stretch of the 1,200-mile project.  https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/09/tc-energy-terminates-keystone-xl-pipeline-project.html And Rusty/pk186 still has nothing but useless blind banter... s
Formerly CLAMFARMER

swnoel

The sad part is the earths climate has been changing for thousands of years and humans are not the issue. Unfortunately, there are people who have learned to create panic and capitalize from it. The air and water in the US is the cleanest it's been in over 100 years, but still you have those manipulating to take advantage of many in the public ... that to me is criminal and our biggest threat.

Snitch#8

Sounds like we could argue for days. If you wanna fish sometime let me know. I’m used to it now. I’ve lost friends over it just over the fact they can’t talk about it
I hear ya.  One of the Brothers I was stationed with quit talking to me about a year ago, over what was going on.  We went through a hell of a lot together.  Never thought he'd quit being a friend over the bull sheet!  He hadn't talked to his blood brother for over two years because of you know who.  Why are some people so set in their convictions that they quit talking to their own blood?  I had told him that I wouldn't quit talking to him because we disagreed and thought that we could talk about our countries issues like men without holding any grudges.  Apparently, he couldn't do the same.  Is it because deep down he was embarrassed that he fell for the lies?  Whatever the reason, I think it is very sad that people can't agree to disagree and talk to each other with respect.  How can we as a Nation, or better yet, members of the human race, NOT be able to accept that everyone is entitled to their opinion?  And, that we may have to concede that "we" are wrong!  As stated above, I'm NOT a Trump fan, but I would still give my shoes to someone who was, if he needed them because his feet were bleeding from not having any!  Its called empathy!  Like I also said above, we are ALL in this together folks and we ALL need to do our part as humans to  help save OUR mother earth.  However!  In order to do so, we may have to talk to each other and discuss OUR situations, from time to time!  Getting back to the original post- Usually, the lakes in northern Michigan don't start getting weed choked until early July.  Last year I noticed many more weeds in mid June.  This year it appeared the weeds were more prevalent in early June.  I have also noticed that more panfish are spawning in deeper water the last few years.  Yes, I know, pan fish have always spawned in deep water, but the last few years I have found fewer and fewer beds in a foot or two of water.  Is it because the water is getting too warm, too quick in the shallows?  Are the eggs starting to poach before they can hatch?  I have also noticed that the ice formation on Saginaw Bay has not been as good in the past ten years.  Is it because of global warming, climate change or merely cyclic norms?  I'm not a scientist or a biologist but I can tell you this, something is amiss!  I'm 63 years old and have NEVER seen stuff like this.  That in and of itself is cause for concern! 
As Always, Take Care and Stay Safe!

woodchip1

Saginaw Bay has not been as good in the past ten years.  Is it because of global warming, climate change or merely cyclic norms?  I'm not a scientist or a biologist, You've given us the chance to figure out who and what you are! This site gives us all a chance to see who and what you are, we sure can see now who the Liberals and Conservatives are. And all along i thought all fishermen were CONSERVATIVES????????

CF

The sad part is the earths climate has been changing for thousands of years and humans are not the issue. Unfortunately, there are people who have learned to create panic and capitalize from it. The air and water in the US is the cleanest it's been in over 100 years, but still you have those manipulating to take advantage of many in the public ... that to me is criminal and our biggest threat.
Yep, changes DO happen over thousands of years. Humans have caused the changes NOW to accrue over decades. Try comparative research.  ;) :thumbup_smilie: :flag:

Clean Water Act        Clean Air Act    Human Liberlals!   Thanks
Panic? If your boat is leaking, do you panic of focus on fixing it with thought and the right tools? Please look at the science. If you have evidence to support your take here, please post it in this thread so we can all better understand. If you ain’t got it, just say so.  8)
Formerly CLAMFARMER

CF

This site gives us all a chance to see who and what you are, we sure can see now who the Liberals and Conservatives are. And all along i thought all fishermen were CONSERVATIVES????????
Equally so,  it gives us a good look at who has done research and educated themselves, then can show actual evidence to support an opinion, an educated opinion.  :flex: :thumbup_smilie: :flag:
Formerly CLAMFARMER

woodchip1

We are all finally figuring out what C F really stands for CLEVER FELLOW

Snitch#8

Wow, are you living in a bubble?  How can you not consider that we as humans, have cut down 3/4ths of the earths trees without replacing them?  Do you realize that trees produce most of the oxygen that we breath?   Do you not believe that we as humans have been polluting the air with our combustible engines, by changing air into CO2?  Have you "ever" taken a science or biology class?  Please elaborate why you feel that humans are not the issue given what I have just stated?

Snitch#8

Saginaw Bay has not been as good in the past ten years.  Is it because of global warming, climate change or merely cyclic norms?  I'm not a scientist or a biologist, You've given us the chance to figure out who and what you are! This site gives us all a chance to see who and what you are, we sure can see now who the Liberals and Conservatives are. And all along i thought all fishermen were CONSERVATIVES????????
And, just what is it that YOU think I am?  I'm merely stating facts, as I see them.  I'll let clever individuals like you decide why things are changing the way they are!  Can you please give YOUR reasoning for why the great lakes are not freezing like they use too?  Can you give YOUR interpretation as to why northern lakes are getting weedy earlier in the year?  Can you give us YOUR conclusions at to why the ozone is disappearing at a greater rate.  Can you give us YOUR assumptions as to why Polar bears are living on land instead of the ice they normally live on?  Or, are you just here to make fun of, bad mouth and categorize others as either Liberals or Conservatives?  For your information I am like most, Liberal on some issues and Conservative on others.  It doesn't matter if you are Liberal or Conservative, facts don't lie.   The only one that I know of that can change the facts, is the Lord my God!  Unfortunately, since we created this mess, I don't think he will wave his hand and make things better.  I have a very strong feeling that he wants us to fix things on our own.  Having said that we can be part of the problem or part of the solution.  I suggest if you don't want to be part of the solution, get the hell out of the way so the rest of us can give it a try!!!  You clearly don't know who I am.  However, I am beginning to think that you are here mainly to troll.  If we don't get a handle on what is happening to our environment, you will have to teach us all on how to be cyber trolls, as there will be no trolling on the lakes for walleye!!!  Go climb back under your bridge, the rest of us have work to do.

TightLinesMaine

just ignore the deniers unless they provide citations

CF

just ignore the deniers unless they provide citations
I have asked for citations multitudinously!   ZERO   ZIP   NADA    F’ALL 
PRETTY MUCH TELLS THE STORY....  PK186 is an exemplar case in point.

Anyway, I’m glad there are some of us that care about context. I mean beyond just verifiable and vetted data and citation. I mean the planetary wellbeing context. It’s about fishing HERE, yes. Water quality degradation is NOT a good thing.

Formerly CLAMFARMER

TightLinesMaine

I have asked for citations multitudinously!   ZERO   ZIP   NADA    F’ALL 
PRETTY MUCH TELLS THE STORY....  PK186 is an exemplar case in point.

It's because the facts aren't on their side.  Or when they do try to cite something it'll be like some biased op-ed from the Heartland institute or some other BS.  Usually though, all they can muster is an anecdote like "it's snowing in May, therefore global warming is a hoax" or "there was an ice age x years ago and we could have another".

CF

It's because the facts aren't on their side.  Or when they do try to cite something it'll be like some biased op-ed from the Heartland institute or some other BS.  Usually though, all they can muster is an anecdote like "it's snowing in May, therefore global warming is a hoax" or "there was an ice age x years ago and we could have another".
I got a multiple response one time that had several different articles. The guy somehow thought they were separate proofs. Actually they all cited ONE single study that was debunked years before. Laughable......

Just got this on my FB thing. Might give some of us context for the last president’s bent... Kinda far off topic but on target in other ways. I’ll stop now. 8) :o :whistling: :flag:

Formerly CLAMFARMER

woodchip1

January......Working Around the Ice
Started by Jim C.

7 Replies
638 Views   Last postFeb 03, 2021, 09:28 AM
by Jim C.

December.....Lots of Options in Changing Conditions
Started by Jim C.

10 Replies
1,113 Views   Last postJan 10, 2021, 07:29 AM
by iceman260

Big fly rod brookie from the other day
Started by TightLinesMaine

8 Replies
1,207 Views   Last postDec 29, 2020, 12:00 AM
by wally13

So I guess this puts a solid bookend on the season
Started by Smallmouth Squarepants

7 Replies
956 Views   Last postDec 22, 2020, 08:35 AM
by Jim C.

Circle hooks
Started by joefishmore

4 Replies
682 Views   Last postDec 16, 2020, 08:54 PM
by saltyshores

Seeing rainbows in December
Started by NBourque

8 Replies
917 Views   Last postDec 15, 2020, 01:51 PM
by wally13

Fall wrap up
Started by NBourque

4 Replies
577 Views   Last postDec 11, 2020, 03:27 PM
by Jim C.
MARK READ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 565

swnoel

Yep, changes DO happen over thousands of years. Humans have caused the changes NOW to accrue over decades. Try comparative research.  ;) :thumbup_smilie: :flag:

Clean Water Act        Clean Air Act    Human Liberlals!   Thanks
Panic? If your boat is leaking, do you panic of focus on fixing it with thought and the right tools? Please look at the science. If you have evidence to support your take here, please post it in this thread so we can all better understand. If you ain’t got it, just say so.  8)

Apparently the facts you chose are the ones created to instill fear and panic... I understand why you're so panicked.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.