FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Some Walleye hunting...  (Read 1367 times)

stripernut

Some Walleye hunting...
« on: Oct 29, 2023, 05:30 PM »
With all the rain predicted for the weekend (wanted to get to the South shore with the boat), instead I ran out to the Conn River last night to see if the walleye wanted to play...  Fished with a couple of guys and a kid, great company, but I got outfished 5 to 1, as the walleye wanted minnows (they had them, I did not) and it was not what I was offering. Finished with one caught on a magic swimmer, with a bit of action to make it look as alive as possible... Fish was nice, but not worth the time to pull my phone from my zip-locke waders pocket. The moon's rise was very cool. The highlight of the evening was watching for 10-15 min. a Falcon going after a group of pigeons, no luck for the Falcon, but cool to watch anyway.

lowaccord66

Re: Some Walleye hunting...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2023, 01:30 PM »
Nice trip Allan! 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2023, 03:31 AM »
Nice job!!! I've been doing some research to figure out where to target them. I still have some work to do, but its on my list. I dont k ow much about the CT river, would you eat them out of there? (Or any species such as trout or panfish)
Wicked Wec

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2023, 01:48 PM »
I ate the first one I got years ago, but that was the last fish I ate from the river... It might be fine in limited quantities, but I can't enjoy my meal thinking about all the things that could be in it (including tritium from a nuke plant). There are plenty of fish to eat from other waters that yes may have higher levels of crap (like mercury) than I want, but likely less than the Conn River.
Sharps, let me know when you want to fish together for some walleye sometime.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.