FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: White meat salmon!  (Read 32317 times)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Re: White meat salmon!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 13, 2005, 02:40 AM »
August,
I lived in the Stilicoom-Lakewood area.

August West

« Reply #16 on: Oct 13, 2005, 10:12 AM »
I probably would still be out there, but there was really not much there as far as a diverse fishery. I grew up in Central NY, and we have some of the best fishing of anywhere in the country. I can wake up early, drive 45 min. north and catch salmon, then on the way home stop at Oneida Lake and catch some walleyes shore casting. The sound has it's pros as well though. SCENERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoppes

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 08:34 PM »
 ;D  Recommend you not eat the white fleshed salmon.  Send all the filets to me for "study".  Neat bit of trivia on this thread.  Can't say I've seen salmon flesh like that.
Neat,
Hoppes

Yankee Troller

• Fishing Lake Ontario for Salmon & Trout
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 06:56 AM »
Well one of the guys in my marina caught one of these white salmon this spring out of Wilson.  I thougth I read somewhere that this was a rare phenomina, but they didnt believe me and thought something was wrong with it.  They didnt want to give the meat to their clients so they threw it out.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 05:39 PM »
didnt want to give the meat to their clients so they threw it out.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!! Terrible! Like I said before, white meat chinooks are the best tasting ones! Again, this is not a rare phenomenon, there is an entire run of white-fleshed Chinooks in both the Cranberry and Nass rivers in BC

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 09:36 AM »
i do eat salmonoids but very rarely. they eat ok but i still would rather eat panfish. i scallop size all my fish b4 frying or baking and do the same with salmon. i cube them but the pannies still taste better but then again maybe its just me,lol.

Bigdave...i scallop mine too.  Cooks a lot faster and a bit more crunch.   ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.