FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Burks Fishing Trips  (Read 1920 times)

Big Burk

Big Burks Fishing Trips
« on: Sep 15, 2006, 12:03 AM »
Last weekend I headed out with my friend Jesse and we fished by the dam at Fort Qu'appelle and did extreamly good considering i have only caught one dink walleye in the past 2 weeks.

My biggest walleye of the year (its a shame only 3.5lbs :-[ )

Jesse's first fish from my lake during open water season

that was Jesse's only fish of the night cause we had to leave when he finally came to where i was fishing but by then i already filled my limit and lost a possible 8lb walleye due to no net with me.
night one's catch

Day two
head to a secret spot on the river that goes through Fort Qu'appelle and hook a walleye second cast

followed by 3 8-11 inch pikes then a 9inch walleye and another dink pike. Jesse didnt get any that were to small to keep but caught two nice eating size pikes. Then i got the last fish of the weekend, it was a nice 4.5lb pike

day two's catch

in two days of fishing we caught 8 walleye, 7 pike and a common sucker (about 4lb) all of them were caught on 4"white twister tails and green double twistertails.
lots of good eatin 8)
we only fished for about 2-3 hours each day cause we did alot of moutain biking. this weekend i got a golf tourny so no fishing.(one of the holes is beside one of the best troutponds around >:( ) so it wont be till the following weekend that me and a buddie or two head out for some bigger walleye, pike and maybe find those carp that have been hiding since the middle of August :o

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: BiG bUrKs FiShInG OuTtInGs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2006, 03:28 AM »
some very nice looking eatable walleyes. Awesome job, I need to get back out to get some walleyes. Thanks for sharing your pictures and did I say those walleye look mighty tastey.  ;D WTG
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Re: BiG bUrKs FiShInG OuTtInGs
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2006, 06:45 AM »
Very nice pictures BB! :thumbup_smilie:

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Re: Big Burks Fishing Trips
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Way to go Big Burk & Jesse, those are great looking pike and walleye. A 3.5 lb walleye is a nice fish, and that's one big sucker you found also. 8)

Single and double tale twisters are my go to lures to.

Good luck with the carp.

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Kyle

Re: Big Burks Fishing Trips
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2006, 12:40 AM »
nice fish man
mmmmmmmmmm...walleye :bowdown:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.