FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Catching trout  (Read 4140 times)

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
Re: Catching trout
« Reply #15 on: Jun 17, 2005, 07:16 PM »
Yup, time to get a camera soon PGKhris, you wouldn't want to catch a 30 incher and not have a camer with you!

I also have to say that devil-man is right WNY angler has some great pics. I also have noticed there are several members from the same area but he has the best pics by far so he must be a hell of a fisherman :o
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #16 on: Jun 19, 2005, 07:31 PM »
WNY is one hell of an angler. He is my biggest "worry" for the tourney (personally I don't care if I win or not, I just enjoy the competition). That and if my rivers aren't clear which they aren't some years. (My best trout fishing is in the winter actually when they are always clear)
PG is right I'm gonna have to get a brown because our bows on the colorado don't get much over 30". I've seen em bigger but rare. They grow girths bigger than some bass though :o. My best bet is going to be on the gunnison gorge. I'm doing two two day floats and in past trips I've caught a 17# brown that was 36". I'm gonna have to get a pic though which is gonna be hard since we all get seperated on that float.
crappie66: I'm gonna have to bring a big tape measure, which I did in the shanty tourney if you'll see. Usually I either use my leatherman which is 7.5" or my brothers' which is either 9.5" or 10" I forget, its not a leatherman though. I'm gonna use an actual tape measure though, no worries there.
Trout are awesome! I caught a 20" 4 lber this weekend at taylor park reservoir while pike fishing!! Trout are voracious predators too I caught a 12" with a #15 panther martin :P I like em cuz they are easy to catch and grow big.

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #17 on: Jun 20, 2005, 02:50 AM »
I'm gonna have to bring a big tape measure, which I did in the shanty tourney if you'll see. Usually I either use my leatherman which is 7.5" or my brothers' which is either 9.5" or 10" I forget, its not a leatherman though. I'm gonna use an actual tape measure though, no worries there.

I don't think a little 10 inch leatherman will measure a 13 inch bluegill, but a picture with an actual tape measure will be nice.  I am looking forward to it.  Good luck with the tourny, when the time comes.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #18 on: Jun 21, 2005, 05:39 PM »

I don't think a little 10 inch leatherman will measure a 13 inch bluegill, but a picture with an actual tape measure will be nice.  I am looking forward to it.  Good luck with the tourny, when the time comes.
A 10" tool can measure a 13" bluegill if you get the 10", then put a stick vertically on where the leatherman ended then put the butt of the leatherman where the stick is to get an accurate reading, its not rocket science, plus I've measured em with tape measures anyway, just usually have the leatherman on me and not the tape measure. BTW I'm going on the gunnison river gorge this weekend for 3 days sat, sun, mon, too bad its before the tourney starts. Looks like I'll only have 1 chance cuz I usually do 2 trips down it per year. Its just how it turned out and when we could get everyone to come.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.