FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: tungsten jigheads fot1.5''anad 2'' soft plastics ?  (Read 921 times)

ougot1

tungsten jigheads fot1.5''anad 2'' soft plastics ?
« on: Jan 19, 2024, 02:13 PM »
with all the new laws in maine regarding painted and  unpainted lead jigheads i am wondering where i can get tungsten replacements that will work for mostly 2 '' soft plastics and berkley gulp 2 ''. the bass pro ones that are lead that i have been using are perfect . any suggestions appreciated .    THANKS

Steve H.

Re: tungsten jigheads fot1.5''anad 2'' soft plastics ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2024, 07:07 AM »
I haven't found the perfect solution due to hook quality not being where I'd hope.  I use these, though a bit pricey:  https://www.fishusa.com/Eurotackle-Micro-Finesse-Tungsten-Jig-Head/?sku=208740&srsltid=AfmBOorjgaKS_jqMU95L79oT6YKlq-NoOuDqsqYAU5EXA-SNMlQSEA7WOzo

Also, have used Northland and Keitech products with 'okay' results but for the Northlands the hooks are cheap and bend easily, the Keitech hooks are too big for the smaller 2" plastics, in my opinion.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

seamonkey84

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2024, 04:20 PM »
Prob still too big for your uses, but for the 2.5”-3” gulp minnows I use Clam’s Drop TG jigheads.   Try looking at various ice fishing jigs.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2024, 02:24 AM »
I haven't found the perfect solution due to hook quality not being where I'd hope.  I use these, though a bit pricey:  https://www.fishusa.com/Eurotackle-Micro-Finesse-Tungsten-Jig-Head/?sku=208740&srsltid=AfmBOorjgaKS_jqMU95L79oT6YKlq-NoOuDqsqYAU5EXA-SNMlQSEA7WOzo

Also, have used Northland and Keitech products with 'okay' results but for the Northlands the hooks are cheap and bend easily, the Keitech hooks are too big for the smaller 2" plastics, in my opinion.

Keitech has all different hook sizes.  The lighter weights can handle 2" plastics just fine!  Next time you visit Ill hook you up.  I found a local shop that had quite the stock.  Ive bought almost all of them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.