MFF US Northeast > Massachusetts

Long Rod Chronicles

<< < (166/170) > >>

lowaccord66:
Congrats on the puppy!

westernmas:
Thanks, he's going to be a handful.  Tried to corral him into the kitchen area but he jumped right over the baby gates.

BassMaster12:
Good stuff guys.

I second Jethro on being more of a lurker on here as over the last 2 years or so I've been struggling with the long rod, still determined though.

On that note, I've been considering hiring a guide for me and the old man. I've been doing some research and have a few in mind, but was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations?

I like exploring/ learning myself like with most of my other fishing rabbit holes I've been down, but I think a good guide would definitely help.

westernmas:

--- Quote from: BassMaster12 on May 07, 2024, 07:46 PM ---Good stuff guys.

I second Jethro on being more of a lurker on here as over the last 2 years or so I've been struggling with the long rod, still determined though.

On that note, I've been considering hiring a guide for me and the old man. I've been doing some research and have a few in mind, but was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations?

I like exploring/ learning myself like with most of my other fishing rabbit holes I've been down, but I think a good guide would definitely help.

--- End quote ---

There are a bunch of great ones in the western mass and CT area but depends on what you want to target.  The Harrison Brothers run Harrison Anglers out of the Deerfield watershed but they are now licensed in NY as well so they will hit the Deerfield, Hoosic, Housatonic, Millers, Swift, etc. for mostly trout but also do pike trips as well.  Another good one in the same area is Chris Jackson.  If you want one for the Farmington in CT I'd call Up Country and they can connect you with a host of different guides.  Further down in CT you can target more varied species like carp, smallies, as well as trout and pike and I'd recommend a younger guy Rowan Little.  He just had Tom Rosenbauer out and they slayed massive carp.  Jon can recommend some in PA and there is Master Class Angling if you are looking to go up to Champlain which has amazing variety.

Jethro:

--- Quote from: BassMaster12 on May 07, 2024, 07:46 PM ---On that note, I've been considering hiring a guide for me and the old man.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what my old man and I did last year. 2 days with a guide at Grand Lake Stream in Maine probably was equivalent to 4 years of fumbling around. Worth every penny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version