MFF US Northwest > Montana

Ft Peck area motels

(1/1)

Seedtree:
Any recommendations for motels in the Ft Peck dam area which are clean and set up for boat fishermen?  Hopefully safe for the equipment and reasonably priced. 

Thanks.

Worms:
I am not real familiar with the area but considering the remote nature there are not too many choices to be had.  Just be happy if you can find a vacancy.

MTeyeguy:
The Cottonwood motel in Glasgow is probably the best.  The Lakeridge cabins and motel right at the dam aren't bad either if you want a little more rustic setting.  The Town of Fort Peck has a hotel and if you bring the Mrs. take her to the musical at the "old" theatre in town to make some brownie points.  The campground below the dam is one of the bets that I've ever stayed at.  There you have it.  Most if not all are geared towards the angler and should accommodate most of your needs.

Whatpole:
Are you asking about Fort Peck the town, or the Fort Peck lake area? Most of the towns surrounding the lake have motels, as well as the Hell Creek marina has cabins.

Seedtree:
The town.  Basically the reservoir around the dam and nearby areas like the Big Dry Arm, Duck Creek and the Pines.  I am aware there are hotels in Glasgow, but that is a bit further than I want to drive every day.  Prefer near the lake, the closer/easier access, the better.

I also have stayed at Hell Creek and plan to do so again, but a bit later in the season when the walleye action picks up there.

Anyone tried the cabins at Rock Creek?  Are the boat ramps in this area still usable?  Was up there ice fishing but the ramps were buried so I couldn't tell.

Well anyway, hopefully the snow/precip will help out.

Tight lines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version