MFF US Northeast > New Jersey

Herring are in

(1/11) > >>

loustru:
 :D  What a difference a break in the weather and having the right bait can make fishing for holdover trout in one of north Jersey's fine resevoirs.  Went out  today with herring for the first time and came back with 3 browns between 3 and 6 lbs, 3 smallies and one large perch. The weather was great with a mild wind. We had the deep water all to ourselves. Lou.

ratso:
Way to go Lou. Expensive bait and fantastic results. :o

fishthefalls123:
thats awesome getting some big trout on the herring. i personally never did well with herring anywere else but greenwood lake for bass.

dmntd169:
nice to know they are available...hate paying for them but its nice to know in case the fish don't want artificials

da-phish:

--- Quote from: loustru on May 01, 2011, 07:05 PM --- :D  What a difference a break in the weather and having the right bait can make fishing for holdover trout in one of north Jersey's fine resevoirs.  Went out  today with herring for the first time and came back with 3 browns between 3 and 6 lbs, 3 smallies and one large perch. The weather was great with a mild wind. We had the deep water all to ourselves. Lou.

--- End quote ---

Which bait shop had the bait and how much this year? Ny price @Pepacton was 11.00 a dz.  Herring do make the  difference for sure, were you on a watershed property? How deep were you fishing? I know,lots of questions,pm me if you want.I fish alot of the  the NY waterdheds for browns/lakers.Would be cool to share info,Phish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version