MFF US Northeast > New Jersey

skillfull anglers award

(1/6) > >>

fishkopp:
Just in case you didn't know , the state just insituted a catch and release division to this program .   ;D   So there is no reason to kill  trophy fish anymore in hopes of recognition or a pin or a certificate .  8)  So let some of those big girls go and grow for our children to catch and practice selective harvest for our table fare and watch out for adviseries on high mercury content  in our local lakes. It's a fact the larger fish have higher concentrations of mercury then the smaller ones .

good fishing to all and to all a good night

Mike 

LoneWolf:
That's great news Mike - it's about time the angler was given the choice of keeping/releasing the fish !  ;D

MikeThePike:
The problem is, according to the pamphlet I just picked up, you have to have the fish measured at a tackle shop, liscense agent, or by an authorized Division fisheries biologist, and that could also mean the fish ends up dead unless there one of those 3 options is right next to the place your fishing.

Its nice to have the option of catch and release for the award but the 3 options they give you don't seem practical. They should just allow you to take a picture of the fish on a tape measure to verify length.

fishkopp:
Mike

The guy from the state told me all you needed was a clear lengh sided photo of the fish for your entry . I call up some of   my NJf&g pals and get this mess straightenned out.

???

Webguy:
All you need is a picture for the release catagory, I submitted one on 1/3/4 and received the certificate within a couple of weeks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version