MFF US Northeast > New Jersey

anyone out getting walleye .

(1/4) > >>

bigfish:
Just wondering if anyone has been out catching walleye. I missed the spring fishing , going out on Friday at monksville.
If anyone is after rainbows and salmon u might want to give Wawayanda a try.

ratso:
Heading there this morning. Troll some hair, plastic and metal. The color should be starting and the day is supposed to be grand. More later.

fishgalore:

--- Quote from: bigfish on Oct 04, 2012, 08:48 PM ---Just wondering if anyone has been out catching walleye. I missed the spring fishing , going out on Friday at monksville.
If anyone is after rainbows and salmon u might want to give Wawayanda a try.

--- End quote ---

Better off heading to the Salmon river for them babies. If you like catching little ones  then fish here.  Of course, it's 4 hrs away too! Not really good day trip material.

ratso:
The salmon river is for me a thing of the past.

The bigs are there, the fish on a bucket list for some cant come from a small lake in Jersey, but there are other rewards.

My preferred method is to troll. A quiet day close to home. Different strokes as the saying goes.

bigfish:
I know the excitement of fighting the big boys up in Pulaski . I did that back in the 80's and early 90's lots of fun.Now i am content with my local haunts . I have nothing but good memories of up state NY fishing. I did manage to get up to a private lake called Perch lake and caught and released a nice 6 lb. brown trout jigging in 50 ft of water .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version