MyFishFinder By Species > Crappie

WATER TEMP.

(1/3) > >>

chez:
WHAT TEMP.DO YOU GUYS FEEL THE WATER SHOULD BE AROUND FOR ICE OUT PERCH AND ICE OUT CRAPPIE TO START HITTING?IM JUST CURIOUS.IT SEEMS WHERE I FISH THEY DONT START HITTING TILL THE END OF APRIL OR BEGINNING OF MAY NO MATTER HOW WARM THE WATER GETS. 

sparkie:
I don't think it really matters at ice out.   IF you can get to where the fish were being caught during ice season you can catch fish.  They haven't begun their movement towards the shallows yet, so I fish these spots.    If you can't get to these spots than it seems for me that when the water temps get into the low to mid 40's with STABLE water clarity.  When the water is murky (that white or brown color) I don't seem to do very well.   But get the water nice and clear and I clobber them.

bigredfishing:
In upstate NY, our crappies are usually somewhere up shallow when the ice comes off, no matter the water temp.  They will hit, its just a matter of finding the concentrations of them.

capt.crappie:
 Here in south eastern PA. All of my regular early spots for crappies. They dont seem to be biting yet. The water temp has been colder than usual. Yet they do bite under the ice when the temps are in the same ranges. Which makes no sense to me. I have been marking them in all the usual spots. I think the water needs to be around 50 for them to really turn on. Thats one reason they are in the shallows. The shallow water warms earlier. Just my observation.

chez:
thanks guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version