MFF US Northeast > New Jersey

Somewhere in NJ today

<< < (2/2)

fish4life:
was only kidding bob lol....i have seen some nice browns caught in the river ...
i have no luck catching a brown or a steelhead .. believe it or not... ill get
salmon all day but never a stellie in the 20+ yrs I've fished the river  :'(

dmntd169:
If you're looking for a true trophy brown up there your best bet is to head further west, the SR just doesn't get the #s of browns that Oz and the creeks out near Rochester and west do  ;)

This is one of about 30-40 me and a buddy landed out of one trib one day last November. We actually saw a legit run of browns which is something I can't say I ever saw before with a steady push of fish blowing up and by us most of the day  :o ;D

That guy went just under 14# by the time I got to get him on a scale the next morning and took a nightcrawler fished weightless with no float which is something I almost never see done up on the L.O. tribs  ???

fishgalore:
[
--- Quote from: dmntd169 on Sep 05, 2013, 04:08 PM ---If you're looking for a true trophy brown up there your best bet is to head further west, the SR just doesn't get the #s of browns that Oz and the creeks out near Rochester and west do  ;)

This is one of about 30-40 me and a buddy landed out of one trib one day last November. We actually saw a legit run of browns which is something I can't say I ever saw before with a steady push of fish blowing up and by us most of the day  :o ;D

That guy went just under 14# by the time I got to get him on a scale the next morning and took a nightcrawler fished weightless with no float which is something I almost never see done up on the L.O. tribs  ???

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure this one came from the same place you refer to:-

I have a bunch more pics, mostly Browns, but a nice mix of Steelhead too from our trip in January but it would be to much work to fade out the background and to post them would be a dead give away. I'll take a trophy Brown anytime it wants to land on my line but I'm not on a hunt for them. I'd like a 30" Walleye and 25 lb Muskie and 25 lb King first. I got my 25 lb Striper last year.

17" Brown on a pheasant tail. Now I need to catch one in the Salmon river twice this size.

I guess the point of my original post was a 17" Brown in NJ is a decent (menza menz) size fish but I want to catch bigger ones.  NJ has some nice Browns, maybe even a few in the 7-8 lb range (Delaware river maybe), but not nothing like up north! Too BAD not closer to home!!!

LoneWolf:

--- Quote ---I guess the point of my original post was a 17" Brown in NJ is a decent
--- End quote ---

Bob that's a nice brown for NJ .. congrats.  :thumbup_smilie:

dmntd169:

--- Quote from: fishgalore on Sep 05, 2013, 06:36 PM ---[
I'm pretty sure this one came from the same place you refer to:-

--- End quote ---

Its quite possible...I did stop at 3 other tribs that day and found similar #s of fish in all of them though  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version