FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Paddles! Clear!  (Read 5862 times)

walleye_guy

Paddles! Clear!
« on: Mar 21, 2018, 09:12 PM »
Any chance or reviving this forum? Think I officially parked the ice gear. Gonna go out this weekend and give the river a try. Hoping to hear from others doing the same. Let's Nikki Sixx this page. Good luck all. Merry spring.

taxid

Re: Paddles! Clear!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2018, 09:29 PM »
I don't know about your part of the country but in my area even though we have ice out the weather is cold, windy, and miserable. Some days we even get snow. Out east they have had a lot snow repeatedly over the last few weeks. Could be the reason why there isn't a lot of activity? 

Also I don't know about this forum, but Facebook is killing a lot of forums with all the groups that are starting up on it.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

walleye_guy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2018, 10:37 PM »
Thanks Ace. Big help. I have to admit that I love your A.L. quote. Pretty sure I need that on a t-shirt.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Yeah I get a chuckle when I share it.  :laugh: Not sure where I got it from.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

spedray

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Would love to see this place used more, can’t belive it’s not used more like ice shanty. Weather not the best here yet, hoping to make it out next weekend

walleye_guy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2018, 10:00 PM »
Me too. Not looking promising though. The ice ledges kept me from getting close enough today and I am betting that next weekend will be nearly all flood waters. Might just have to break out the kayak and have some fun.

MTHank

« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2018, 09:38 AM »
Not many place that have "Ice Out" completely around here yet, in fact some are still hard water fishing... With planks!  :-\
In the process of trying to get rid of two boats and getting two others.  ;D
Then let the fishing begin  8)

sisabdulax

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2018, 10:31 AM »
Seems like alot of the pages are silent! I hope as ice melts this site pics up alot of good info here. And good folks too!

Mike

Piltzviller

« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2018, 02:25 PM »
Just joined! Packing my ice gear away and dusting off the Kayak. If I can't get out this weekend, I'll be sure to get out next week.

Buck41

Re: Paddles! Clear!i
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2018, 10:44 PM »
I just joined myself. Put my ice gear away yesterday and got online to get in on the end of season ice fishing deals. 😄
“Give None Take None”

walleye_guy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2018, 10:55 PM »
Welcome fellas. good luck out there this season. excited to hear all about it.

fritz2324

« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2018, 10:16 PM »
Is there individual lake reports? Didn’t see a general rules thread anywhere. Thanks

TinkerS

« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2018, 11:39 AM »
Yep there are individual lake and river reports.  Not sure on the rules but likely need a couple of posts to unlock just like I.S.

I just got back yesterday from a little charter fishing trip off the coast of Washington to a blizzard at home so that has slowed my willingness to get the boat out.  But I have been dreaming of getting the boat in the water for a few weeks now, thinking the boat will be in the garage soon so I can start cleaning and tinkering on it. 

I will likely have the kayak out before the boat, it needs far less open water to be effective and I can carry it back to the truck if the ice shifts and I get trapped somewhere. 

Houdy66

• Rippin' lips and crackin' cold ones!
« Reply #13 on: Apr 03, 2018, 05:01 PM »
IceShanty regular, first time poster on MFF. Hope to be able to share my love and knowledge for this great sport on this website, as well as learn from others. Good luck, be safe, and tight lines!

Tjstackle

« Reply #14 on: Apr 13, 2018, 08:57 AM »
New here also from ice shanty. Would like to see a open water site take off. Goodluck fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.