FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: virus  (Read 10682 times)

UglyStik

Re: virus
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2020, 09:13 PM »
didn't  swinw  sars  H1M1  and  corona  all come  from  china???? hmmmmmmm

I just saw this article yesterday that pertains to your question....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/589EB018-6206-11EA-BDAC-86A14558BB22
As for your original question, I still plan on fishing, no big crowds anywhere I fish, usually enough folks to chat with though.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 11, 2020, 04:35 AM »
i  plan on  fishing    and i  plan on taking the precautions, staying informed i think is  important .....i think at this point it's only a matter of time and  this virus will be in our areas  ..... don't panic just  be informed and  ready
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #32 on: Mar 11, 2020, 06:14 AM »
My wife was due for an 3 month check-up next Tuesday at New York Presbyterian Hospital in NYC. They e-mailed us on Monday to stay home. NYP is where the Westchester case is being treated, plus we would be traveling though that area. The wife has no immune system due to lung transplant July 2016. We take no chances.
Things that we "have" to use around the house are already off most shelves in the stores...h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #33 on: Mar 11, 2020, 06:22 AM »

we are also being cautious as my wife’s immune system is severely compromised ,so I’m just rubbing elbows to fins much as possible 😉

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #34 on: Mar 11, 2020, 08:36 AM »
Yesterday we were working with some G10 and GP03 in the machine shop, nasty dusty stuff. Consequently we wear protective respirators while doing so. Along comes a material salesman. He takes one look around, puts his literature on the counter, waves and retreats back to his vehicle. Saved us the 5 minute sales spiel. He probably plastered himself in hand sanitizer when he got out to his vehicle. I kind of like this new peaceful isolation.

lowaccord66

« Reply #35 on: Mar 11, 2020, 09:46 AM »
My wife was due for an 3 month check-up next Tuesday at New York Presbyterian Hospital in NYC. They e-mailed us on Monday to stay home. NYP is where the Westchester case is being treated, plus we would be traveling though that area. The wife has no immune system due to lung transplant July 2016. We take no chances.
Things that we "have" to use around the house are already off most shelves in the stores...h2l

If you need anything give me a shout and Ill bring stuff from CT.  I hope your wife is doing better.

Worth mentioning there are vaccinations being tested now for Corona virus.  One of which was manufactured here in the US.  China says they will have one by April.

filetandrelease

« Reply #36 on: Mar 11, 2020, 10:00 AM »
 http://
Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up.

Article by Dr Peter Hotez  I found interesting

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #37 on: Mar 11, 2020, 11:25 AM »
Thanks. Wife is doing fine. We seem to be in good shape . We use so much and she is a good shopper, so she has always picked up things we use a lot when they are sale. I think I wash my hands and use Purell about 10 times a day. What I need is hand lotion...lol My hands are always dry....h2l

UglyStik

« Reply #38 on: Mar 11, 2020, 11:36 AM »
Link from article FiletandRelease mentioned.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1150091
Good read. So, he was saying he only needed a couple million to test this and it would have been done. Now he estimates our economic losses will be in the 10 to 100 BILLION. Ouch... Hopefully his ground work expedites a vaccine.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #39 on: Mar 11, 2020, 01:06 PM »
Thanks. Wife is doing fine. We seem to be in good shape . We use so much and she is a good shopper, so she has always picked up things we use a lot when they are sale. I think I wash my hands and use Purell about 10 times a day. What I need is hand lotion...lol My hands are always dry....h2l

To much hand sanitizer is why your hands are so dry

taxid

« Reply #40 on: Mar 11, 2020, 03:15 PM »
didn't  swinw  sars  H1M1  and  corona  all come  from  china???? hmmmmmmm

Yes but the Spanish Flu may have originated on pig farms in the U.S.! No one knows.

What I didn't know until recently is bats are reservoirs for all kinds of viruses. And selling and eating bats and snakes (that eat bats) in Chinese markets is probably where COVID -19 (short for SARS-CoV-2) probably started. Once a novel zoonotic disease gets started (jumps from animal to people transfer to people to people transfer is when you potentially get a virus that people have no immunity to and it can spread like wildfire.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #41 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:03 AM »
 NBA suspends 2019-20 season 'until further notice' after Rudy Gobert reportedly tests positive for coronavirus
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bbfrogger

« Reply #42 on: Mar 12, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Yes but the Spanish Flu may have originated on pig farms in the U.S.! No one knows.

What I didn't know until recently is bats are reservoirs for all kinds of viruses. And selling and eating bats and snakes (that eat bats) in Chinese markets is probably where COVID -19 (short for SARS-CoV-2) probably started. Once a novel zoonotic disease gets started (jumps from animal to people transfer to people to people transfer is when you potentially get a virus that people have no immunity to and it can spread like wildfire.

I believe they said a few weeks ago they traced it back to the meat markets in Wuhan that were selling pangolin (scaly ant eaters).  The things were filthy with the virus

taxid

« Reply #43 on: Mar 12, 2020, 10:49 AM »
I got sicker tha a dog yesterday with vomitting and diarrhea. However there is no respiratory component to it as in coughing, and I had just a slight fever. 99.8. So I chalk it up to food poisoning or a common flu virus. I have the luxury of staying home as my business is at home. Feel better today and eating soups!

I haven't been sick in so long I forgot how miserable it is. My deepest sympathies for those getting sick out there. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #44 on: Mar 12, 2020, 10:52 AM »
I believe they said a few weeks ago they traced it back to the meat markets in Wuhan that were selling pangolin (scaly ant eaters).  The things were filthy with the virus

Hard to know what's accurate coming out of an authoritarian state with state run media. I wouldn't trust any information to China as far as I could throw a house.

I see they said they brought the infection rate down to zero or something like that. I seriously doubt that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.