FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: carp  (Read 3767 times)

esox v

carp
« on: Jun 26, 2010, 08:09 AM »
my son's been after me to go salmon fishing since he was five. So this year I'm going to give it a shot. as a primer to get him ready I busted out the salmon steelhead rods loaded the 2 abu 6500 with 15# power pro and let him have at it yesterday.I played net man and gave him advice on how to battle big fish.He did awesome! these were the 2 biggest ones.

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

volume4130

Re: carp
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2010, 02:58 PM »
I bet he smelled great after hugging those bad boys!!! haha...Last time I carp fished my net stunk for a month!  Nice fish though, I bet he had a ball!

wellsley

« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Looks like a pretty happy boy to me. Congrats
LIFE MEMBER OF NORTH AMERICA FISHING CLUB

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2010, 07:58 PM »
That is a great picture.. My son Tyler said, your  son could have been  his twin...   Nice catch....  Congratulations.......
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

esox v

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2010, 08:33 AM »
I bet he smelled great after hugging those bad boys!!! haha...Last time I carp fished my net stunk for a month!  Nice fish though, I bet he had a ball!
Yea.. he smelled pretty bad. He had to take a second shower after he failed the smell test after the first one.

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

tracker 1

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2010, 09:14 AM »
That's me 55 years ago, great picture. When I was a kid I caught a big one in the local pond. I was sitting on the side of a hill when he hit , the carp must have pulled me 20' down the hill till my feet were in the water one of the older kids in the neighbor hood grabbed the pole from me and fought the carp. Don't know how big it was because it broke the line as soon as we got it on land. Its been a long time so my memory might be faulty my guess is the fish was probably 70- 80 # or was it 5-10#. LOL. Any ways great picture of a happy boy.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2010, 10:56 AM »
very nice !!!!  spending  time  with  your  children is the  best  investment  you can  ever make!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

1fish@atime

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2010, 09:59 PM »
I second that Trap!!
Great fish!! Congrats to the lad...

Chainsaw

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2010, 10:31 AM »
It's always a hartwarming treat to see a yougster holding a fish like that caught with Dad. You're the greatest...

esox v

« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2010, 06:01 PM »
It's always a hartwarming treat to see a yougster holding a fish like that caught with Dad. You're the greatest...
Hey.. thanks chainsaw...Gamma fish spoke  highly of you. I'm honored

SmallieBigs

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Awesome job! I took my son out fishing in the canoe a couple days ago but we got skunked. I might have to find a good carp spot to take him to. If he hooked up with some that size he'd love it!

Canoe is gone, it's time for a boat!

esox v

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2010, 06:59 PM »
Good looking kid...nasty lookin carp. Lookin for a digital camera - what did you use if you dont mind me asking.
My casio boulder cell phone. sometimes its just easier to use my phone and send it to my email. I have an Olympus stylus water that is 10 mega pixels and waterproof to 10 feet. Takes a sick picture but only has a 3x zoom. I really like it.

esox v

« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Im lookin for under 150 and waterproof. 3x zoom would work - the fish I catch are big enough   ;D Do you mind sharing how much and where...got a tight budget these days.
you can find them around 140. mine was the last one at target for 95 bucks.

FishChaser

« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2010, 07:59 PM »
I caught one of these a couple years ago on Otisco Lake with a worm. It was 30lbs and a great fight!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.