FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Home Made Shore Fishing Rod Stands (Pictures of my Home made job "in use")  (Read 32163 times)

JustOsmo

Anyone got any links or pictures of home made ones? I watn to make 2 for my rods and am limited to wood and some pipe. Cant seem to find much for pictures of home made jobs online.

JustOsmo

Re: Home Made Shore Fishing Rod Stands
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Going through my supplies i can use i found about a 3 or 4 foot threaded rod and nuts that fit the threaded rod and some washers and PVC pipe the perfect size for the rods. I think with a piece of wood i can use them all to make an angled rod holder.

JustOsmo

Re: Home Made Shore Fishing Rod Stands
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2010, 10:40 AM »
What angle is ideal? 90 degrees?

JustOsmo

Re: Home Made Shore Fishing Rod Stands (Q: Whats angle?)
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2010, 02:54 PM »
So this is what I came up with today with the scraps i had lying around. I am going to put PVC tube screwed up the top and cut the rod down smaller and cut the wood and it should work. I had some PVC but it is to small so i have to wait to finish till i have some.

JustOsmo

I know its nothing impressive but i didnt feel like buying anything and just used what i had around the cellar lol

I think it should work ok for a season or two.

mongosmash

why not just drill your holes right into the wood and sand them smooth, round the edges and call it a day. looks good right their i think.
tight lines and wet flies

JustOsmo

why not just drill your holes right into the wood and sand them smooth, round the edges and call it a day. looks good right their i think.

The rod that goesintot he ground goes completely through the wood so i couldnt drill through it completely.. if i am understanding your suggestion right.

I was however thinking of using the hole saw to just drill into 2 little blocks of wood to screw onto the mount part and call that a day lol.

mongosmash

yes. i was, the pvc is a good idea if your going to drive them into the ground as one holder which works great on sandy beaches.
tight lines and wet flies

JustOsmo

yes. i was, the pvc is a good idea if your going to drive them into the ground as one holder which works great on sandy beaches.

Ya its a shore rod holder for when i am on banks.

JustOsmo

I wish I had some velcro. I could just use 2 velcro strips for now lol

nypike

• Where da fish at?
gonna have to post a pic " in use " because I have no idea what the ----- you got there.  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
I think we have to vote you "Most Enthusiastic Fisherman" of the year. You haven't stopped for a second since early ice.

You are hopelessly hooked...(so to speak)

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

JustOsmo

gonna have to post a pic " in use " because I have no idea what the ----- you got there.  ;D

You push the pole into the ground and on top of the wood i will have a piece of pvc that my rod butt can go into. Its for on the shore.

MS Painted it to be in use lol use your imagination

More pictures of it finished minus the pvc tube on top for the rod.

JustOsmo

I think we have to vote you "Most Enthusiastic Fisherman" of the year. You haven't stopped for a second since early ice.

You are hopelessly hooked...(so to speak)

RG

Guilty as charged.

Steellord

Sometime this week I'll get the one I made from PVC and a steel rod connected with hose clamps and take a pic of it for you to check out. I also have some made of steel tubing with a rod welded on the side.
Steellord
Maille Artisan
ICQ# 24735418
~~~~~~~~~~
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.