FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The chu  (Read 35643 times)

Ash82

Re: The chu
« Reply #225 on: Apr 20, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Good to know. I am looking into getting a rod just for the chu. Hoping to get it before my next trip out there. Thanks!

lowaccord66

« Reply #226 on: Apr 20, 2018, 11:54 AM »
Hook one clean from the bottom of the mouth up through a nostril and you will be hard pressed to cast it off.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #227 on: Apr 20, 2018, 12:08 PM »
I seem to catch more Lakers hooking the shiners in the back than in the nose. I blow mine up with air and when they are hooked in the back they lay horizontal but when they are hooked in the mouth they are vertical . A horizontal laying fish is morenatural looking. I just lob mine out there you don't have to cast that far. Most of the Lakers are by the "lip" anyway.

westernmas

« Reply #228 on: Apr 20, 2018, 12:42 PM »
Hook one clean from the bottom of the mouth up through a nostril and you will be hard pressed to cast it off.

You hook eels like that?  I never know how to really hook them.  That way or right thru the eye sockets and I rarely lose them.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #229 on: Apr 20, 2018, 01:23 PM »
You hook eels like that?  I never know how to really hook them.  That way or right thru the eye sockets and I rarely lose them.

Yup same way, bottom of the mouth up, then out an eye socket.  Or dead and strapped to a jighead in a proprietary fashion.

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #230 on: Apr 20, 2018, 04:25 PM »
Thanks guys. Planning my first trip there this weekend. I still need some metals but the live bait gig is good to go. I have small /med shiners and night crawlers and will try both on the bottom as well as under a float. Would like to get a salmon as well. 
Good luck sharps !
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

elevatorman

« Reply #231 on: Apr 22, 2018, 09:29 AM »
Hit the chu this morning casting metal got the skunk.
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #232 on: Apr 22, 2018, 11:28 AM »
That stinks. i was going to go myself but i figured it would be packed. i will go tommorow instead to avoid the weekend crowds.

CMD1987

« Reply #233 on: Apr 22, 2018, 11:42 AM »
That stinks. i was going to go myself but i figured it would be packed. i will go tommorow instead to avoid the weekend crowds.

Woah boy was it packed...
Decided to sleeep in instead. My weekend is Sunday/Monday. Rest today - fish all day tomorrow.

elevatorman

« Reply #234 on: Apr 22, 2018, 12:48 PM »
It was packed  :-\ the nice weather brought the fair weather fisherman out

ICEHOLE

« Reply #235 on: Apr 22, 2018, 02:01 PM »
weird I fished scar hill 6-10 and only a few cars at the gate and not many guys on the bank...

3 healthy lakers, then a 4th which was the longest was a bit skinny. missed a few as well. all on shiners

Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

elevatorman

« Reply #236 on: Apr 22, 2018, 02:49 PM »
Nice job I was going to hit scar hill to .

taxid

« Reply #237 on: Apr 22, 2018, 02:51 PM »
Is the Chu still planted with brown or rainbow trout? Or is it just lake trout and salmon?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

elevatorman

« Reply #238 on: Apr 22, 2018, 02:59 PM »
They just recently stocked it with rainbow trout

taxid

« Reply #239 on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:33 PM »
They just recently stocked it with rainbow trout

How do the rainbows do in there? In my state they are raised and planted because they are economical to raise but they are mostly a put and take fish unless there is a significant coldwater forage base. Most last a couple of years after planting and that's it.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.