FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sylvan Lake  (Read 2961 times)

Cider

Sylvan Lake
« on: May 03, 2004, 09:45 PM »
Hi, any of you folks know anything about Sylvan Lake near Red Deer?  Pike and perch?  How big are the pike here?  :o

Thanks in advance!

vancouvercanuck

Re: Sylvan Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 12:24 PM »
If your going to go out that way, I would hit Pigeon Lake. Sylvan Lake is a lake that is full of runabouts and seadoo's. Summer vactioners in Alberta go to Sylvan. Lots of cottages, hotes, etc. Don't think the fishing is that good there with all the water craft. On the other hand Pigeon has a trophy walleye fishery with walleye up to 10 pounds i've heard. Pigeon is just west of Wetaskawin or about 1/2 south of Edmonton. Does this help ya?
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 12:45 PM »
Here is a hydrgraphic of Pigeon. Heard the west side right out from the provincial campground is a good spot to fish. You will see it by the sunken island that measures 10' on the map.

Cheers,

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Cider

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 12:54 PM »
Thank you VCC!  We will be staying part of the time with relatives in Wetaskawin.  They are planning a trip out on Sylvan lake and I was wondering about the fishing.  They have one of those party barges you are talking about.  I was thinking I could discreetly drag a line behind it!  ;D

I hear ya on those sort of activities on a perfectly good fishing lake.  We have a few like that around here and it drives me nuts trying to fish (and more importantly actually catch fish) around the noise of the jetskis, powerboats, waterskiers, and big pontoon party barges.  I can see the thrill in going fast in a power boat, but my priorities lay with fishing!

Pigeon lake sounds interesting and not too far from where we will be staying...

Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.