FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 624840 times)

Gamma Fish

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #195 on: Jun 09, 2011, 07:47 PM »
trapper  <<<native   american   ...you  are  invasive  gamma   :rotflol: :w00t: :w00t: :flag: :flag:I believe you have invasive and abrasive confused  ;) ;)  Then again, at your age, you probably forgot where you put your bait this afternoon  ;D ;D :^)

i  am  in  canada   goofy     ya  do  know  the   internet  is   worlf   wide  Not in your world ! :^)and   not   just   in  central   new   york   :D 

dom   nice  mount 
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #196 on: Jun 10, 2011, 04:49 PM »
don't  worry  about  the  ole  trapp   gents  ,   i  spend  as  much  time  as  possiable   tossing  some  form  of a  hook  at    some  sort  of  fish ,  and   yup    i  spend  a  good  deal  of  my life  fishing   the  rest i  wasted
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bcons

« Reply #197 on: Jun 10, 2011, 05:57 PM »
don't  worry  about  the  ole  trapp   gents  ,   i  spend  as  much  time  as  possiable   tossing  some  form  of a  hook  at    some  sort  of  fish ,  and   yup    i  spend  a  good  deal  of  my life  fishing   the  rest i  wasted

If you were a Sox fan it wouldn't have been such a waste  :P
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #198 on: Jun 10, 2011, 06:56 PM »
if  i  was  a  sox  fan     only  thing  i  would  have  to look  forward  to  in  oct  would  be  bow  season  .................................   TWENTY SEVEN  MISTER   :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bcons

« Reply #199 on: Jun 10, 2011, 09:50 PM »
if  i  was  a  sox  fan     only  thing  i  would  have  to look  forward  to  in  oct  would  be  bow  season  .................................   TWENTY SEVEN  MISTER    :rotflol:
Except most of them occured before most of us were alive. Not to mention the wonderful Yanks became the 1st team in Baseball history to go up 3-0 in championship play yet still lose best of 7.  Hmmmmm Just a couple yrs ago too, who'd they lose to again?  :-* :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:  I've been thinkning about trying to tie a new pattern  for suckers,  Nah why bother the best pattern for suckers is a blue hat with an NY superimposed on itself, don't even need a hook, just throw it, the suckers come flying in.  I'll just stick to tying my experimental bucktails.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Gamma Fish

« Reply #200 on: Jun 11, 2011, 12:01 AM »
Except most of them occured before most of us were alive. Not to mention the wonderful Yanks became the 1st team in Baseball history to go up 3-0 in championship play yet still lose best of 7.  Hmmmmm Just a couple yrs ago too, who'd they lose to again?  :-* :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:  I've been thinkning about trying to tie a new pattern  for suckers,  Nah why bother the best pattern for suckers is a blue hat with an NY superimposed on itself, don't even need a hook, just throw it, the suckers come flying in.  I'll just stick to tying my experimental bucktails.
Saw 2 princesses earlier at a local establishment and both were wearing Yankees hats........sideways  ::) ::) ::)   One had a Yankkess tatoo on her ankle  ::) ::)   I asked her to name 2 current and 2 former yankees.    I got the high sign ;D ;D ;D     ::) ::) ::) ::)     Like most Yankee fans these days....phony and got a deathgrip on the bandwagon  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #201 on: Jun 11, 2011, 06:05 AM »
Is there a fly pattern in our future or are we just gonna talk tripe?
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #202 on: Jun 11, 2011, 07:36 AM »
if  i  was  a  sox  fan     only  thing  i  would  have  to look  forward  to  in  oct  would  be  bow  season  .................................   TWENTY SEVEN  MISTER   :rotflol:
:w00t: :bowdown: The YANKEES are just letting the RED SOX win right now....get 'em over confident.... and then scalp 'em on the short run to # 28!!!!!! ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #203 on: Jun 11, 2011, 07:39 AM »
HEY BCONS!! Try tying some patterns with your RED SOX your wearing.....NO, DON'T...Wouldn't want a FISHKILL to happen!! :w00t: :-*--KP 8)

“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

OTIS

« Reply #204 on: Jun 11, 2011, 10:19 AM »
Jigs in the vice.

Anyone want to trade?   ;)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #205 on: Jun 11, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Lookin' good Otis!

I don't use jigs...well maybe a few ice jigs....or I'd trade some flies. I need to hit the bench and tie up some more mini clousers for tomorrow.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bcons

« Reply #206 on: Jun 11, 2011, 05:32 PM »
HEY BCONS!! Try tying some patterns with your RED SOX your wearing.....NO, DON'T...Wouldn't want a FISHKILL to happen!! :w00t: :-*--KP 8)

You wouldn't?  Then it would just smell like the yankees fan club, y'all would feel right at home.  After a few recent events the yanks are right up there with the the mudsharks on the bank in October.  Well nah, the Halloween mudsharks have more fight in them.   :P 
As far as tying, still working on several ideas for new bucktails.  OTIS love a couple of them!  The end of last season I started to think outside the box.  Had some luck with a 1/2 az'd attempt at a rig, so I've been trying to perfect it. The next project will be some sorta large clouser patterned one in blck & gold to fish this fall.  I will get an eye on the fly, one way or the other. 

perchgypsy

« Reply #207 on: Jun 12, 2011, 12:53 PM »
otis how do you paint the eyes on?? are you curing your painty before tying ??

OTIS

« Reply #208 on: Jun 13, 2011, 07:54 AM »
Thanks guys!

I use powder paint.  Just wave the jig through the flame on a torch about 15-20 times and quickly dunk it into the powderpaint.  A quick in and out does the job.  I let them dry overnight then I use a piece of a wooden dowel to paint on the larger eye dot.  Once they dry overnight I use another piece of dowel with a small nail in the end to paint the smaller eye dot.  While tying, I use superglue to hold the hair and thread.  Once I tie up enough I go back and epoxy over the threads and the eyes with Devcon.  I tried just using the Devcon, but nothing holds the hair on a jig like superglue.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

OTIS

« Reply #209 on: Jun 13, 2011, 08:14 AM »
Some bugs for ice and open water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.