FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 624401 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #255 on: Jun 21, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Did a couple with chain bead eyes. They're getting there ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

OTIS

« Reply #256 on: Jun 22, 2011, 06:34 AM »
While I was at the Cortland Outlet Store last weekend, I picked up some new tying stuff.  I found this body material and twisted up some 1/8 ounce jigs.

'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

walleye1

« Reply #257 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:24 AM »
Looking good buddy!

OTIS

« Reply #258 on: Jun 22, 2011, 10:23 AM »
Thanks.  It'd help if I had the right color thread. ::)  Let me know if you need anything.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishhead4268

• Have rod will travel
« Reply #259 on: Jun 23, 2011, 02:21 AM »
Nice stuff guys!!  I been trying a new jig thats been workin good, will post it after todays fishing adventure
EAT, SLEEP, FISH, REPEAT.. I FISH THEREFORE I AM!!  In search of Hedy Mogin steelhead & Browns from Black River west to Ohio catch and realease!! Always lookin for panfish for the freezer!!  Take a kid fishing, it will make him smile and you proud your passing on a great sport!!!!

one last cast

« Reply #260 on: Jun 23, 2011, 07:32 PM »
still just working with the bugger, but i did try some new things. -olc
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #261 on: Jun 23, 2011, 08:19 PM »
i  love  it  ......  the  best  part  of  fly  fishing   for  me  is  watching  others   getting  ecited  over  it   :D     and   RG   your   foam   spider  is a  hit  with  the  northern   bluegills 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishhead4268

• Have rod will travel
« Reply #262 on: Jun 24, 2011, 11:51 AM »
Some new jigs for the box..

EAT, SLEEP, FISH, REPEAT.. I FISH THEREFORE I AM!!  In search of Hedy Mogin steelhead & Browns from Black River west to Ohio catch and realease!! Always lookin for panfish for the freezer!!  Take a kid fishing, it will make him smile and you proud your passing on a great sport!!!!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #263 on: Jun 24, 2011, 12:05 PM »
SWEET  :thumbup_smilie:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #264 on: Jun 24, 2011, 06:25 PM »
still just working with the bugger, but i did try some new things. -olc

The buggers look great. You're a natural :thumbup_smilie:

We'll have to get him tying some foam Trapper ;D Those spiders are so simple and remarkably effective.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishhead4268

• Have rod will travel
« Reply #265 on: Jun 24, 2011, 10:37 PM »
I agree, the buggers look good, next step put the bead head on some

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #266 on: Jun 25, 2011, 12:07 AM »
A bit off subject here, but I wanted to share what one of my masonic brothers found and bought yesterday at a garage sale. He showed up at my shop with a steel fold open tackle box with a leather handle.(guessing from the 40's or 50's) Full of old wooden cranks, and a few unused Rapalas with the "made in finland" writing on the bellys of them. He paid 25 bucks for he whole package also. I was in shock when I was checking that find out. :flag:

Gamma Fish

« Reply #267 on: Jun 25, 2011, 12:39 AM »
For when the gills are feeding on small crayfish... :whistling: :whistling:

Plastics are Fantastic !

fishhead4268

• Have rod will travel
« Reply #268 on: Jun 25, 2011, 02:34 AM »
nice! ;D  Gamma, still lookin to score some of them jig heads you posted and to see if you no where I can get the Larvea jigs I posted

Gamma Fish

« Reply #269 on: Jun 25, 2011, 07:21 AM »
nice! ;D  Gamma, still lookin to score some of them jig heads you posted and to see if you no where I can get the Larvea jigs I posted
Please enlighten me ! ;)   I'm old and forget things quite a bit  :-\ ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.