FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623647 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #570 on: Sep 01, 2011, 12:43 AM »
Just a casual observation bcons ;D
Besides...I not a sports fan...my bride is, and I better do whatever rooting I do for the Yankees. It helps keep the kingdom tranquil.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #571 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:52 AM »
Uhhh you were a mod, mentioning sports is not allowed on the open board  :nono: :police: :nono:
Besides Jr. has more sense than Sr. & apparently you,   1/2 a game?   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
 :blink: SLAP :blink: Bcons.....Uuuuuuuuuh......you need a timeout with Trapper and GAMMA????? :police:--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #572 on: Sep 01, 2011, 04:10 PM »
I love it when people tell me that I "was" a mod as if it's some sort of point or makes a difference.  :rotflol:

I guess they just don't know me.

Anyway, the "boo" is coming out like glass ;D It's probably a mistake. It's way...waaaay better that the factory finish. I picked up Rottenstone, fine Pumice and Paraffin Oil today at Woodcraft. Man...it must have platinum dust mixed in. $9.50/lb, $13.99/qt. I remember when it was all but free in small cardboard containers that resembled milk cartons. Back when I refinished pianos, I could buy 25lb containers for $10.

Guess I really am getting old...still don't feel old ???

I hope to be wrapping this weekend.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #573 on: Sep 01, 2011, 06:00 PM »
RG, Can those materials be used over any finish? OH, as long as you don't feel old....who cares!! ;)--KP ;D

bcons

« Reply #574 on: Sep 01, 2011, 06:21 PM »
 :blink: SLAP :blink: Bcons.....Uuuuuuuuuh......you need a timeout with Trapper and GAMMA????? :police:--KP

uhhhh no I've tried to behave, & I've kept my wize az posts to a minimum.    :angel: :angel: :angel:
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

KingPerch

« Reply #575 on: Sep 01, 2011, 06:23 PM »
uhhhh no I've tried to behave, & I've kept my wize az posts to a minimum.    :angel: :angel: :angel:
;) Good boy! Keep up the good samaritan attitude and I'll take you out for ice cream!!!! :w00t:--KP

bcons

« Reply #576 on: Sep 01, 2011, 06:28 PM »
I love it when people tell me that I "was" a mod as if it's some sort of point or makes a difference.  :rotflol:

I guess they just don't know me.

Guess I really am getting old...still don't feel old ???

I hope to be wrapping this weekend.

RG
Only because you still have the power!!   ;) 8)
Feel old?  Didn't I catch you with the link to "pregnancy mentor"?  I don't care if it was "stinging nettles" or not, as you said "you're not that retired"   :-* :P :-*

I think we all feel old from time to time.  Although some of us old people don't sit in a bucket 100' up, that would be too much for a lot of us.  ::) ::)
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

bcons

« Reply #577 on: Sep 01, 2011, 06:29 PM »
;) Good boy! Keep up the good samaritan attitude and I'll take you out for ice cream!!!! :w00t:--KP

Only if it comes with sprinkles! 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #578 on: Sep 02, 2011, 01:27 AM »
I had to crawl into a soffit at a CVS to change a ballast a couple of days ago. Man that gives me the creeps. I'll take 100' up any day.

The Pregnancy Mentor.....that was a classic :rotflol:

Yeah KP, Pumice and Rottenstone are inert and the paraffin oil is non-reactive to finishes. On Urethane I would use water to make the slurry, but on varnish the oil will bring the surface to a nice glow. If it doesn't fish worth a darn, at least it'll be pretty on my wall ;D. If it does fish well...I'm gonna love it.

RG

fishhooker

« Reply #579 on: Sep 02, 2011, 02:19 AM »
I feel accomplished now. Fly Fishing & Tying Journal put my caddis emerger in this falls issue. You guys should check it out and submit. Next issues pattern is a parachute. submissions have to be in by september 15th.
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #580 on: Sep 02, 2011, 03:18 PM »
Congratulations :thumbup_smilie:
Put up a pic!

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #581 on: Sep 02, 2011, 03:56 PM »
Only because you still have the power!!   ;) 8)
Feel old?  Didn't I catch you with the link to "pregnancy mentor"?  I don't care if it was "stinging nettles" or not, as you said "you're not that retired"   :-* :P :-*

I think we all feel old from time to time.  Although some of us old people don't sit in a bucket 100' up, that would be too much for a lot of us.  ::) ::)

AINT SKEERED!! ;D--KP ;D

OH, bcons...... you won't seeing sprinkles anytime soon!! ;) Those are only for the real good guys!! :P

fishhooker

« Reply #582 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:51 PM »
I'll try to take a pic. my camera sucks. just tied up my next submission in hopes to get a shot at one of the top three prizes. It's a foam body parachute with a hunter orange foam post size 14. I calll it "the prescirption parachute" for all of us blind guys.
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

KingPerch

« Reply #583 on: Sep 05, 2011, 12:46 PM »
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/KingPerch/IMAG0238.jpg[/img]]One of a few steelhead flies Jr. and I have been working on!--KP 8) Sorry guys for the blurred photo, TOP SECRET work on that peice!! ;D

OTIS

« Reply #584 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:12 AM »
Got back to the vise after quite a few weeks away.  Felt good to twist up some jigs.  Then I ran out of the colors I need.  Time to visit the supply guy!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.