FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2 Striper’s  (Read 1542 times)

fish wayniac

2 Striper’s
« on: Aug 25, 2019, 10:50 AM »
I made it to the coast this morning to see the sunrise. Big swells and wind made it tough to catch bait. No Mackerel or pollack this time. When I first got there a school of pogie were within reach . I was able to catch one so I put a hook in its back and tossed it out . 5 minutes later I see it change direction a few times then fish on. I landed a beautiful 34” fish , revived it in a tidal pool then let it go. Then about a hour goes by then I finally caught another pogie. Had that one out for 15 minutes then landed a 31” Striper. Released that one as well. Awesome morning.

seamonkey84

Re: 2 Striper’s
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Very nice, I’d say two big fish like that made the trip worth it. Quality over quantity!
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2019, 12:23 PM »
jeez, 30" fish are starting to be the norm for you! way to go

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2019, 06:59 PM »
You're getting a lot of 30" plus fish. Way to go, Wayne!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2019, 10:23 AM »
Sweet work!
Wicked Wec

franklin fisher

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2019, 11:26 AM »
 Awesome. You are getting some good results.

fish wayniac

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2019, 03:36 PM »
Thanks guys! It’s sometimes hit or miss on the bite. The day before the only bait I caught was a crab that grabbed my diamond jig. Ha ha!

seamonkey84

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Thanks guys! It’s sometimes hit or miss on the bite. The day before the only bait I caught was a crab that grabbed my diamond jig. Ha ha!
I always try to imagine what’s going on when something like that happens. On a few occasions I remember reelinging a lure or bait and find a muscle or clam clamped right on to the hook.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Stickbait

« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2019, 08:11 PM »
Nice!!
Healthy looking fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.