FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NatefishNY's trout adventures (Updated with pics 9/19... Again)  (Read 7117 times)

chrony59

Re: NatefishNY's trout adventures (Updated with pics 7/5... Again)
« Reply #15 on: Jul 05, 2015, 04:18 PM »
More great pictures your getting me through till my favorite stream lowers and clears up ........ Use nymphs and you don't have to be a good fly caster  ;D

NateFishNY

Re: NatefishNY's trout adventures (Updated with pics 7/5... Again)
« Reply #16 on: Jul 19, 2015, 07:44 PM »
Went out today again, water was low but still managed a bunch of browns and brookies between two us... Here's a couple pics, hellgrammites were the ticket today, had to turn over some rocks to find them but they paid off when all else failed...

ratherbeonice

Re: NatefishNY's trout adventures (Updated with pics 7/19... Again)
« Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2015, 08:01 PM »
Great fish, and I'm not 100% sure but I think it is illegal to remove hellgrammites from trout streams, no offense just don't want you to get into trouble

NateFishNY

« Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2015, 08:27 PM »
Great fish, and I'm not 100% sure but I think it is illegal to remove hellgrammites from trout streams, no offense just don't want you to get into trouble

Oh I had no clue, thanks for the heads up... Ive never used them before

oatkasut

« Reply #19 on: Jul 19, 2015, 09:56 PM »
use a woolly bugger which imitates the hellgremite. I use them alot in stained and or high water.I also like thenymph, usually a gold bead head pheasant tail size 16 under the same conditions or anytime for that matter.I tend to get the bigger fish on these morsels!

wally13

« Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2015, 10:50 PM »
nice fish and great pic's love the colors on the fish

filetandrelease

« Reply #21 on: Jul 20, 2015, 05:57 AM »
Far as I know  it is still illegal to remove and transport some place else or sell  if it is a designated trout stream ,  but you are allowed to pick bait and use the bait on  that stream , unless they have changed that law , which I don't believe is the case , many a trout and bass have fell to a Dobson (hellgrammite)  ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Jul 20, 2015, 06:01 AM »
 Nice job on the trouts Nate... :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
I would like to see where that law hellgrammite is written.. I'm very guilty if its a law....   :P :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #23 on: Jul 20, 2015, 06:51 AM »
great looking trout,real nice photos thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #24 on: Jul 20, 2015, 07:06 AM »
More beauties Nate, congrats!  That looks soooooo refreshing wading in shorts inthe heat of the summer! Amazing the quality of the fish that exist in these creeks! Well done Bro!

MK

ratherbeonice

« Reply #25 on: Jul 20, 2015, 08:57 AM »
Nice job on the trouts Nate... :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
I would like to see where that law hellgrammite is written.. I'm very guilty if its a law....   :P :P

It's on the dec website, I'm not good at posting links, but it clearly states that no aquatic insect that lives in any trout water (during any stage of its life) may be removed.

Bartman44

« Reply #26 on: Jul 20, 2015, 03:28 PM »
It's on the dec website, I'm not good at posting links, but it clearly states that no aquatic insect that lives in any trout water (during any stage of its life) may be removed.

Nate, nice trout and I mailed your flies today. 

Here's part of the language on their  page. I take this to read they don't want you touching the bugs in trout streams or using as bait in trout streams but leave it to DEC to be inconsistent in their wording. For example, Salamanders and snakes (I did find a snake in a trout once), pretty cut and dry - cannot be collected and used for bait. Why can't they just say the same thing about insects in trout streams - like "cannot be collected or used for bait in waters inhabited by trout" - so again, they leave the door open for your imagination.

Natural Baits Other Than Baitfish

Salamanders and Snakes- Native salamanders and snakes cannot be collected or used as bait.

Aquatic Insects - No aquatic insect (or any insect that lives in the water during any of its life stages) shall be taken from waters inhabited by trout, or from the banks of those waters at anytime.

filetandrelease

« Reply #27 on: Jul 20, 2015, 04:30 PM »

Well it looks like it is up to the officer to decide your fate ,i also think it is poorly written ,I'm going to call an officer I know to get his take on this

FL326

« Reply #28 on: Jul 21, 2015, 11:35 AM »
Basically they just don't want people collecting insects from trout streams.  If you get your hellgramites or other insects from a bait shop or non-trout water you can fish with them in a trout stream you just can't collect them from a trout stream.

filetandrelease

« Reply #29 on: Jul 21, 2015, 12:58 PM »
Basically they just don't want people collecting insects from trout streams.  If you get your hellgramites or other insects from a bait shop or non-trout water you can fish with them in a trout stream you just can't collect them from a trout stream.
If that's the case you better have a bait slip to prove where they came from ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.