FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bob mallard gets blasted by the bio's  (Read 2449 times)

buddah

• Stick'em!
bob mallard gets blasted by the bio's
« on: Apr 27, 2006, 03:56 PM »
I get so sick of this guy downing any form of fishing or fish that doesn't suit him.This is great http://www.state.me.us/ifw/fishing/regionalinformation/region_e.htm

got2fish1

Re: bob mallard gets blasted by the bio's
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2006, 05:50 AM »
I agree with you 100% buddah. 
Mallard often does have some interesting things to say and he does his homework too.  No doubt about that. 

But, I'm tired of listening to the same people constantly bad mouth the bios in this State.  Everything is wrong or mismanaged, etc, etc.  Sounds like Tim Obrey has had enough too and is fighting back a little bit (with facts).  His replies were full of information and I learned a lot from his statements.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2006, 06:09 AM »
Right on.  The IF&W biologists do a good job in this state with limited $$ resources.  They deserve our support.  It's important that they also hear fron folks who support them.  I had seen Tim O'Brey's information earlier and had sent him this E-Mail:

Tim, I read your response to the Maine Sportsman article on splake.  Nicely done.  I personally think that splake are a great addition to the fishing scene in my area.  I got a gorgeous 19”er float tubing within a half hour of Augusta the other day.  Trophies like that would be very unlikely without the splake program!

Jim

Tougeslayer

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2006, 09:19 AM »
The biologest do a great job keeping up with the fish and there habitat.  They are providing exellent fisheries.  Splake are fun to catch me and my dad landed a double the other day one followed in the one I had originaly caught and my dad caught him to.  I dont see how they can ruin the salmon population all they are is a touge and brookie mix they salmon have done all right with the brookies and touge so whats the diffrance with mixing the 2.  They all eat smelts.  The only that would ruin the fisherie is over stocking. 
Turkey hunting or Salmon fishing. 
Call in sick and do both all day.
Got to love spring cast and blast

MaineFisherMan05

• If it swims catch it....
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2006, 09:32 AM »
I know Tim Obrey personally.  He is or at least I think he's still a member of our local gun club.  I have had the opportunity to talk to him a few times about different fishing situations.  He's a fisherman himself so he's definately interested in preserving the fisheries in maine.
Go Deep and Reel em in...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.