FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jigging for Lake Trout...  (Read 61085 times)

Neptune

Re: Jigging for Lake Trout...
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2012, 02:17 PM »
ya I've fished with a guy who uses one.  If Lakers were as much fun to catch as Rainbows or Bulls I'd probably do it.  They just aren't my favorite target.

massNtrash

« Reply #16 on: Apr 19, 2013, 01:07 PM »
Hey Neptune what color zimmer jigs do you use? It looks like they are pretty reasonably priced so I'm looking at buying some.
Rippin Lips!

Neptune

« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2013, 11:46 AM »
Hey Neptune what color zimmer jigs do you use? It looks like they are pretty reasonably priced so I'm looking at buying some.

I use all of them...yellow/white, yellow/green, blue/white, green/white, pink/white...and all the other combos...I've caught them on them all...but my favorites are yellow/green and yellow/white

htc

« Reply #18 on: Sep 12, 2014, 04:09 PM »
spot lock on a minnkota best deep water anchor.

-htc

mudchuck

« Reply #19 on: Sep 12, 2014, 10:11 PM »
Used to do it all the time in Northern Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine

Sutton Spoon,8-16in of 20-25lb leader,25lb leadcore - just drift along deep drop offs next to shoal areas bouncing the spoon off the bottom

tried this at Quabbin a couple of times and got hung up,yet had one terrific day at gate 8 as long as I kept to the old river channel east of the Island  12 lakers the largest 9lbs

WOW, I have a canoe and fish the "dead sea" mostly, which I know holds no lakers, but I'd love to hear how to get a canoe out on the main lake over deep water where those lakers are. I've never been able to paddle out that far wit the prevailing winds we usually get I get blow out too quick. You use an electric troll motor?
I've never fished for lakers, but I want to, just can't seem to get on them with my canoe being the only means of softwater transport. If you have tip on how to get on them, I'd certainly appreciate anything you have to tell.

Tomasz.B

• DTF (Down to fish)
« Reply #20 on: Oct 04, 2016, 03:59 PM »
a great video about jigging lake trout

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.