FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cost of Fish?  (Read 3272 times)

taxid

Re: Cost of Fish?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 02, 2009, 10:40 PM »

The price of Fishing is no doubt out of control,It cost us ALL to keep those DNR Officer's driving those
           High priced 4 X 4 SUV's,and of course to keep there tank's full.As people continue to lose there job's
           they still need to put food on there table's,I would rather have them live off the land ,then stick a
            gun in my Face.....As for Fishing,I love our sport, and as long as I can afford to do it,I will......

LOL........

Now, now aren't we a cynical bunch.   ;D  Keep in mind we have it made here compared to Europe. Anybody ever try fishing in Europe? Scarce public access and you have to be a wealthy landowner, belong to an elite club, or pay to fish by the hour or day. And to add insult to injury in Germany catch and release fishing is now forbidden. Ja das ist richtig! I kid you not. It's considered cruel to catch a fish just for fun and you must kill it and eat it.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Grumpyoldman

« Reply #16 on: Aug 03, 2009, 04:31 AM »
I have avoided trying to figure out what it costs me per fish. I am sure that my casual sport fishing is not cost effective for harvest produced.

This country does have it very good as far as outdoor recreation.

hook em

« Reply #17 on: Aug 03, 2009, 09:43 AM »

Ok,you got me on this one..I love this Country as much as the next Guy,its just that every year
         it cost's more to enjoy our Sport,I guess I was just venting........
         It's not fair to put a price tag on Fishing,if it's what you enjoy doing and if you can put a few on the
         table,it's all worth it......In my county there have really been no improvements,so I usually Fish out
         of county,where it seems the money has gone to good use.....

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Aug 04, 2009, 09:55 AM »

Ok,you got me on this one..I love this Country as much as the next Guy,its just that every year
         it cost's more to enjoy our Sport,I guess I was just venting........
         It's not fair to put a price tag on Fishing,if it's what you enjoy doing and if you can put a few on the
         table,it's all worth it......In my county there have really been no improvements,so I usually Fish out
         of county,where it seems the money has gone to good use.....

Actually you're not wrong. There is room for improvement here. I too see cases where the money is going into the coffer from our licenses, boat registration etc. but I wonder where it's going sometimes. Things have improved greatly in my state as we used to have some sorry excuses for boat ramps. I still see that in a state I vacation in and the license fees are some of the highest in the country.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.