FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Regulations there trying for-I like it.  (Read 3744 times)

gill gitter

Re: New Regulations there trying for-I like it.
« Reply #15 on: Aug 03, 2009, 06:42 PM »
It would be interesting to see what brought this about.
I like the part of once I'm in my stand to be able to lock and load, I think the other is for protection???
i think a knife is better protection than a gun in the dark because at least your not fireing slugs at something you can't even see. in the dark i would have to say if a rutting buck wants to have his way with you you really don't have a chance. just hold on for dear life and try to gouge its eyes out.

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 03, 2009, 06:45 PM »
i think a knife is better protection than a gun in the dark because at least your not fireing slugs at something you can't even see. in the dark i would have to say if a rutting buck wants to have his way with you you really don't have a chance. just hold on for dear life and try to gouge its eyes out.

Ever seen the guy who did get beat up by a Buck? He poured Doe In Heat on his body!   :cookoo: :rotflol:

gill gitter

« Reply #17 on: Aug 03, 2009, 06:50 PM »
Ever seen the guy who did get beat up by a Buck? He poured Doe In Heat on his body!   :cookoo: :rotflol:
yea, he took one he** of a beating :rotflol: and i was suprised that all he was worried about was that his wife kept rolling the film. there was also a story about a older guy that stoped on the side of the highway to change a tire and they found him dead. attacked by a buck

wallin

« Reply #18 on: Aug 04, 2009, 04:26 PM »
So now they are wanting to give a sportsman a better chance at shooting a deer and putting safety second?
I dont understand how that puts safety second, you should be safe all the time dark or not or you should not have a gun or any other weapon in your hands. Its idiots out there that make it un safe and I see them during the day too. Dark or light you have to use common sense. its just like running a boat at night-slow and safe-but you have them idiots that should not be on the water at all. A gun is a gun in the dark and in the light-just my 2 cents
Wallin

BBK

« Reply #19 on: Aug 04, 2009, 05:22 PM »
I believe the definition of a firearm is a weapon that fires a projectile. A bow can be defined as a firearm.

gill gitter

« Reply #20 on: Aug 05, 2009, 03:41 AM »
I dont understand how that puts safety second, you should be safe all the time dark or not or you should not have a gun or any other weapon in your hands. Its idiots out there that make it un safe and I see them during the day too. Dark or light you have to use common sense. its just like running a boat at night-slow and safe-but you have them idiots that should not be on the water at all. A gun is a gun in the dark and in the light-just my 2 cents
wallin, i absolutely agree with you that there are many people who should never be able to own a gun at all but i think that a person should never shoot at something they can't see for fear that it may be a human.if something is going to attack in the dark you still will have no idea exactly where to place a slug to stop the threat so that is the reason i believe a good hunting knife is a must and the most effective way to protect yourself in dark situations. i still stand by the idea of loading when you get set up in the morning to let things settle down for a while. so in MY opinion there would be no reason to carry a loaded firearm after dark.

wallin

« Reply #21 on: Aug 05, 2009, 07:05 AM »
Yea your right, I don't believe its for your protection from animals- I do believe its from us. people lurking in the dark-lol.
Its for your protection. The right of protecting yourself all the time. Use to be you could carry about anywhere except when you were hunitng. So now they made it so you can always carry. Thats all it is, and as these times get worse so are the crimes.
Wallin

jptko

« Reply #22 on: Aug 05, 2009, 05:14 PM »
any one lookin at a new muzzleloader should check out the savage, 10ml-11. shoots rifle powder, so its smokeless. its like touching off a high power rifle. definate 200 yd gun. dont have to clean it either. the most user friendly on the market. .... the other thing that urks me about indiana deer season is that every time u shoot a deer u have to drive to the check station, that means if u live in stuben county an u shoot ur limit of deer in a year u will be goin to the check station at least 10 times.y y y cant we check deer on line or mail in ur kill data for deer. i dont even live in stuben, just seen the new regs an bonus numbers, i live in noble cty an closest check staton is at least 10 miles.  just my 2 cents....

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 05, 2009, 08:20 PM »
any one lookin at a new muzzleloader should check out the savage, 10ml-11. shoots rifle powder, so its smokeless. its like touching off a high power rifle. definate 200 yd gun. dont have to clean it either. the most user friendly on the market. .... the other thing that urks me about indiana deer season is that every time u shoot a deer u have to drive to the check station, that means if u live in stuben county an u shoot ur limit of deer in a year u will be goin to the check station at least 10 times.y y y cant we check deer on line or mail in ur kill data for deer. i dont even live in stuben, just seen the new regs an bonus numbers, i live in noble cty an closest check staton is at least 10 miles.  just my 2 cents....

You have to check in the Deer so real people can see it and look at it. Say you shoot a deer with a rifle during bow season but claim it was archery and checked it in on-line. Just a scenario. It keeps paochers down a little.

wallin

« Reply #24 on: Aug 06, 2009, 04:26 PM »
I think Missourri is like that, you go on line or mail it in. I know that one of the nephews got it hosed up on the county and the DNR showed up at his house and wrote him a ticket-he had to go to court to get it cleared up. System had some flaws when entering a doe kill from a different  county.lol Took a few months to get it straight.
Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.