FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tragedy at the Kankakee.  (Read 2643 times)

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
Tragedy at the Kankakee.
« on: Aug 16, 2009, 11:09 AM »
Im not even going to talk about the fishing we did. Driving to the bridge over the Kank we past a farmer on his UTV. Get the bridge and I park on one side and MM parks on the other. The farmer pulls up shortly after and stops. He asked MM if he was swimmin. I didnt here MMs' reply because I had heard a car coming. I told my Son to stop and in a split second I looked up to see MMs' Sons get hit. Guys I am telling you it is the worst feeling in the world to see and here something like that. My son seen it, MM saw his own Son get hit, the farmer saw it and of course the woman in the vehicle. She was going way to fast for a back country road. She didnt even have time to slow down! She hit him going at least 40 MPH. I immediately dialed 911. I said, "A little kid just got hit by a car!" If it wasnt for that farmer being there I wouldnt have known where to send them. MM was as any good Man at his Sons side. After talking to 911 I realized my Son was watching the whole thing so I took him to my truck and told him to get in. I grabbed what towles I had and gave them to Mm. His Son was bleeding pretty bad from the nose and crying. MM and the farmer kept him still untill the Paramedics got there. Now, this child had just been hit at 40 MPH by a Ford Explorer and as he was being strapped to the board he says to the EMT,"Doctor, your doing a good job." I almost brokedown. Thats a helluva kid. Once they got him loaded in the ambulance MM went to his truck bowed his head and let loose. I told him if he needed anything I was here for him. I had all the gear in my truck and the farmer said he would drive MM truck to the farm. After they left and I got the farmer back to his truck I headed home. That was THE longest drive of my life! I had to be strong for my Son. My Dad called and I almost lost it but kept it cool. I got home and had my Mom and Step-Dad take Jude out of the house so I could finnaly let go. The werent even out of the door when I fu@$ing lost it. It very d**n well couldve been my Son. Im still choking up. I slammed a beer and made a few phone calls to talk it out and laid down. My phone rings, its Andy. He tells me that his Son has NO BROKEN BONES OR INTERNAL INJURIES! He wanted me to come up to the hospital and I was on my way. His son has some bad scrapes on his face along with a swollen lip and black eye. His foot was scraped to the meat. She hit him so hard he was thrown out of his shoe! Its been a long f&^$ed up day guys. MM needs support. I dont know what to feel or think so I cant imagine what he is feeling. The good news is that his Son will fully recover with a scar on his foot. Guys life is precious, dont take it for granted your not in control. Treat every day as if it were your last.

camocrazy82

Re: Tragedy at the Kankakee.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2009, 11:11 AM »
As of this morning he is doing good. He wants to eat but cant keep it down. They did another CT scan and will be keeping him another night.

fuldraw

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2009, 11:32 AM »
oh man thats aweful to hear but at the same time its good to hear that he is doing well and will fully recover. i hope them all the best

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2009, 01:02 PM »
Sounds like you fella's handled a horrible situation with cool heads, the Farmers presence was an amazing stroke of luck (if you can call it luck). Just for the fact that this youngun' has no broken bones or internal injuries is in it's self a miracle. I'm not a real spiritual man but I would say the old man upstairs was with ya on that bridge!  Hope the young man is back to normal soon, wish him a speedy recovery for me camo.
God Bless,
Mad
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2009, 02:06 PM »
i hope that kid does just great and has a quick recovery sounds like a champ by the way he was conversing with the medics. wish the best of luck to all of you guys. i hope your son does alright after witnessing all. best of wishes!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2009, 04:31 PM »
I AM PRAYING FOR ALL ENVOLVED. THANK GOD THE BOY HAD A GUARDIAN ANGEL AT HIS SIDE WHEN ALL THIS HAPPENED. JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHAT BRIDGE THIS HAPPENED, CAUSE THIS IS IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS. JUST BURRIED A FRIEND OF MINE WHO HIT A TREE AT HIGH SPEED. TREE WON....

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2009, 07:51 PM »
Thank goodness for the great news on your son.I hope everyone who whitnessed the accident can find comfort and healing with freinds and familys.

Gambler

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2009, 10:09 PM »
May God Bless!!!!
That is just awful. I hope and pray that the child and all involved have a speedy recovery.
Take Care and God Bless!

Rick

gill gitter

« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2009, 12:53 PM »
it always is much worse when it is a child. i am glad to hear he's doing good. i am a firm beliver that god has a plan that none of us can change and he wasn't ready for mm son to join him. i hope that in time all involved  will find peace in what happened that day.

camocrazy82

« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2009, 02:02 PM »
As of this afternoon he was UP WALKING! He wont eat or drink yet but he cant keep food down because of a concussion. Hes also talking more and sleeping better. MM is doing better too. He slept all night also and talked with more of a happy tune.

minnowreaper

« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2009, 02:14 PM »
sounds like both have countless reasons to be very happy,glad there was no serous injury's

marcum man

« Reply #11 on: Aug 19, 2009, 09:06 AM »
Than you all for your thoughts and prayers, my boy is home now after 4 1/2 days in the hospital, he truely was lucky and I thank the good lord for letting me have my boy..... thank you all, and especially you Camo......MM

Boomer

« Reply #12 on: Aug 19, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Nice to hear the good news. Hopefully both of you will be out fishing again real soon.

camocrazy82

« Reply #13 on: Aug 19, 2009, 03:46 PM »
He got out of the hospital last night!  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: He is eating fine and drinking a lot! We will be fishing soon! Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot to me and MMs family.

wallin

« Reply #14 on: Aug 19, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Glad hes home and doing well. I know dad can take a breather as well now.
You'll be fishing together soon.

Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.