FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Went to the new Gander Mt. store today.  (Read 1788 times)

gunner1

Went to the new Gander Mt. store today.
« on: Apr 24, 2005, 07:36 PM »
All I can say is WOW!!! I've never been in a store with so much stuff. Their fishing selection and rifle /shotgun selection is HUGE!!! Me thinks Dick's is in for some hard times ahead.

Bartman44

Re: Went to the new Gander Mt. store today.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2005, 08:41 PM »
Sounds great! I have business trip in Kingston soon so I'll be spending some cash there myself.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Yes Gander does have alot of items, Please understand they will run out lots of mom and pops stores. Ones that provide good service, quality info and products. Go to Gander to buy the things you cannot get else where. Classic capitalist set up cheap price- drive out competition- raise prices.
PS look to the gander thread on bait it has started a effect in some bait shops in the WYN area. Perch minnow dips are getting smaller and more expensive.
Internet heros give it a rest!

fishryc

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2005, 08:00 AM »
Yes Gander does have alot of items, Please understand they will run out lots of mom and pops stores. Ones that provide good service, quality info and products. Go to Gander to buy the things you cannot get else where. Classic capitalist set up cheap price- drive out competition- raise prices.
PS look to the gander thread on bait it has started a effect in some bait shops in the WYN area. Perch minnow dips are getting smaller and more expensive.
Want a generous dip of minnows? Check out Niagara Outdoors in Wheatfield (1 block off River Road on Whitmer; across from Gratwick Park) I get them the day before, so with a bag and oxygen, they're $5 and some change but my bucket is black with them. Dollar to dollar, you get a little more than double compared to Big Catch.  Plus, they have them sorted; regular panfish minnows or what they call "racehorse minnows"  which are regular emerald shiners, but over 3 inches. They price these jumbos based on a 2 dozen count, but they never really do count them and you get roughly double what you ask for.
 Additionally, they're always prime because they keep them in a walk in cooler.

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

yoda

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2005, 01:50 PM »
I went there yesterday.  It's awesome!  The only dissapointment was that they're not carrying 3x pastics >:( personally they're my favorite.  They're having some sales on the 6,7,8 of May.

wigen

« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2005, 02:42 PM »
All I can say is WOW!!! I've never been in a store with so much stuff. Their fishing selection and rifle /shotgun selection is HUGE!!! Me thinks Dick's is in for some hard times ahead.
yea gander has a huge selection, but prices a bit high on some stuff including guns, and other hunting gear, fishing selection rocks, but dicks is doing just fine, and the new remodeled great northern store is going to be very kool

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.