FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 519249 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2040 on: Apr 25, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Doggone that big old greenhouse!!!!!

Boy, would I take advantage of that. That's terrific Dom.

Topped off the raised beds with peat, vermiculite, perlite and compost/manure. I plan to till them is weekend. Filled the flower boxes and put some sprouted seeds in the trough. My Hostas,Plantains and Bleeding Heart have made an appearance. Daffodils are blooming........I just love spring.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2041 on: Apr 26, 2018, 05:10 PM »
Got my Taters planted today after tilling over the raised beds. Just picking away at the outdoor list.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2042 on: Apr 27, 2018, 06:29 AM »
for you pro's, what can already get planted directly into the garden? All of my fruit trees and berries already have flowers. garden is tilled and ready to go.
Wicked Wec

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2043 on: Apr 27, 2018, 07:22 AM »
Sharps, good time for spinach,  lettuce,  radishes, peas, beets and pansies in your flower beds... ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2044 on: Apr 27, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Sharps, good time for spinach,  lettuce,  radishes, peas, beets and pansies in your flower beds... ;)

Thanks Raquett,

The very first things I plant are radishes, peas, beats, celeriac, onions, parsnip, parsley, and turnips. Also herbs like Lovage and the Italian herbs. However, i always waited to plant lettuce and spinach until mid May. And to be clear, I plant all of these right from seeds.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2045 on: Apr 28, 2018, 04:14 AM »
And we picked our first batch of asparagus last night and had it with mashed potatoes and roasted pheasant. yum.

this picture was from 2 days ago.

Wicked Wec

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2046 on: Apr 29, 2018, 07:03 AM »
My asparagus hasn't come up yet. Waiting anxiously. This is the third year and I intend to harvest some.

On the other hand, the trough planter is working out quite well. 34 out there right now, 54 in the seed bed. I have sprouts of tomatoes, cukes, spinach and radishes. My pepper seeds haven't sprouted indoors as yet so I haven't planted any in the seed bed. I'm beginning to wonder about the seed quality.

Still have a couple varieties of pickles and tomatoes to bed. I put the zucchini seed right in the bed without soaking them, but I figure they'll be fine.

Another 3 weeks and I'll be putting them in the ground.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2047 on: Apr 30, 2018, 03:06 PM »
Remember those big tomato plants i transplanted last week? A lot of them have these on them.... ::)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2048 on: Apr 30, 2018, 05:18 PM »
I know I should be gracious and say congratulations....but.......you stink!  ;D

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2049 on: Apr 30, 2018, 06:22 PM »
Been called way worse than that.. I take that as a complement.... Thanks buddy but those are big patito tomatos and look awesome but have no flavor..... :-\

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2050 on: Apr 30, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Sorry Dom. I'll be patient. I've got Better Boy, Jubillee, Beefsteak, Black Krim and Yellow Pear in the works.

Boy...is there anything better than a fresh mater sangwich?

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2051 on: May 01, 2018, 05:15 AM »
That's hard to beat, but a juicy grilled T-bone, cottage cheese, and thick sliced tomato runs right up there!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2052 on: May 01, 2018, 06:42 AM »
Not saying i wont pick the first ripe one and eat it before we sell the plant.. 8)
Still better then store bought cluster tomatos...... ;D

boondox

« Reply #2053 on: May 01, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Just looking at my harbor freight super cupons for may.. there's a 6x8 green house for $199.99 with coupon..  reg $299.99..  aluminim frame sliding door with roof vent..  for those looking for a green house there 10 x12 sells for $650..  this one's a hair smaller for a fraction of the price if you got the super coupons?

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2054 on: May 01, 2018, 08:41 AM »
Anyone familiar with Currant or Gooseberries?

I have 9 currant plants and 9 gooseberry plants shipping from WA and arriving on Tuesday. I already have 4 types of currant (black, red, white, pink), 2 types of gooseberries, and josta berries (cross of black currant and gooseberry) form 3 years ago and the flowers already on them show a HUGE yielding of fruit this season!

I grew up eating these berries right from the plant when I was young and over the years the plants just disappeared. Now my boy is 17 months old and will be able to enjoy them just like i did when i was his age! Plus, whatever we do not eat fresh we freeze for pies and jams or make fresh juice out of them.

Just thought I would toss it out there for anyone that may not be familiar with these delicious berries.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.