FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513888 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2805 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:43 AM »
Looks like you have a great start to the season Bob..
I just got my beds cleaned off and trying to get the time to get some compost to fill them in..... 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2806 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:53 AM »
Ouch........

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2807 on: Apr 17, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Ouch....I think you need to get yourself some of those claw gardening gloves. I finally got my thumb healed up.

The greenhouses look great!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2808 on: Apr 19, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Bob I have tried all kinds of gloves. Just cant work in them. My hands are always wet..  Tried the waterproof ones and my hands sweet a lot or they just start leaking....    :-\

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2809 on: Apr 21, 2019, 12:05 PM »
I'm anxiously awaiting my asparagus patch to come alive. Soil is still in the high 40's so it's gonna be a little while yet.

But, the little hot house is turning green with radishes, pickles, cukes, herbs and tomatoes. I think I'm pretty much on schedule for a 3rd week of May planting.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2810 on: Apr 24, 2019, 04:55 AM »
I may have to restart a few of the pickle plants. Some of the seeds didn't germinate. Think this time I'll germinate them inside then stick them in the pots. I forgot that's how I did them last year.. I need to take better notes. My memory isn't very good sometimes. :-\

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2811 on: Apr 24, 2019, 07:32 AM »
 Checked the asparagus this morning .....low and behold...the first sprout👍

Rg

MattyP123

« Reply #2812 on: Apr 24, 2019, 05:00 PM »
Checked the asparagus this morning .....low and behold...the first sprout👍

Rg
Made me go check, got one too! Did you pick any your second year?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2813 on: Apr 24, 2019, 05:12 PM »
Enough for a few good meals. The third year I picked way more. This will be the fourth year and I expect a nice harvest into the end of June. I topped them off with some compost, humus no composted manure today.

Turned up all the beds and added soil,  compost, manure, garden soil, blood meal and vermiculite. I only till the top 4" or loosening the soil and working in the additional stuff.  I figure they'll rest for another 4 weeks till I plant. That should be enough to set them up.

Good to be playing in the dirt again.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2814 on: Apr 25, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Lilacs have leaves, tulip trees are in full bloom, some maples have leaves, forsythia is in bloom, daffodils are everywhere, hyacinth is up, tulips are almost opened.......love this time of year.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2815 on: Apr 27, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Got the potato bags planted today. Too nasty to do anything out in the garden. Hope we're seeing the end of the snow and cold.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2816 on: Apr 30, 2019, 06:03 PM »
Got the potatoes in the beds yesterday. I was really concerned about my garlic bed with the frost we had on Sunday night. But, it seems to be just fine. 👍👍

Gotta have garlic!

Rg

fishinjohn

« Reply #2817 on: Apr 30, 2019, 08:37 PM »
I've been composting in garden bed since sept.. gonna get her tiled up next week if weather is dry enough.. going to toss in some 10-10-10 and a bag of lime and I should be good to go

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2818 on: May 01, 2019, 04:49 AM »
John why would you ruin perfectly good compost by adding chemical fertilizers to it?
There's not a plant on earth that uses
10-10-10 fertilizers.
10% nitrogen
10% phosphorus
10% potassium
All you need is organic compost and some perlite...
By a couple bags...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2819 on: May 01, 2019, 05:04 AM »
Bob cant wait to see how the potato bags work..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.