FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1475161 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #4620 on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:00 PM »

Over the years I’ve caught them shallow jigging and also caught them trolling 30’ plus on the same day ,,and that’s most years , just my observation over the years

oneida1

« Reply #4621 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:31 PM »
walleye on the opener is always hit and miss i find it dosnt get good till like 3rd week in may they are more consistant then

UglyStik

« Reply #4622 on: Apr 24, 2018, 06:42 AM »
Went last night. Short story, no fish.

Went to South Shore. Weather was awesome. Lake was flat, water was gin clear. Did see two or so swimming around real slow. I also heard some surface strikes for about an  hour after dark, not sure what they were. There were maybe two dozen minnows around the dock (bucktails maybe?). My best guess is the water needs to warm just a little more & lake needs to turn over. Seems like it's real close. Maybe a little more chop would help, the clear water could be affecting the bite. Great night to be out, looking forward to doing it again.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #4623 on: Apr 24, 2018, 07:10 AM »
I always thought that the lakes turn over in the fall when the water cools not when it is warming. Cooler water is heavier than warm water. It better not get any cooler, Winter has been long enough all ready...h2l

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #4624 on: Apr 24, 2018, 05:29 PM »
I only have tuesdays off now, so I fished all day  ;D ;D. Fished 5 spots. All of them had alot of sunnies, and gills in them, but most of them were small. I didn't  keep any of them. Today was a R&R day. got a good sun burn, and alot of peace & quiet !!! Much needed. It was nice sitting on the bank catching fish.   Sully...

filetandrelease

« Reply #4625 on: Apr 24, 2018, 06:13 PM »

Good for you Sully

scout57

« Reply #4626 on: Apr 24, 2018, 06:34 PM »
I only have tuesdays off now, so I fished all day  ;D ;D. Fished 5 spots. All of them had alot of sunnies, and gills in them, but most of them were small. I didn't  keep any of them. Today was a R&R day. got a good sun burn, and alot of peace & quiet !!! Much needed. It was nice sitting on the bank catching fish.   Sully...
atta boy Sully.....we all need that now and then......got yard work done and 4 rounds of golf in the last 4 days.......d**n, my bones are rebelling big time........little r & r tomorrow

KingPerch

« Reply #4627 on: Apr 24, 2018, 09:20 PM »
Been fishing Oneida the last several years and have pretty good program down except for the opener.... always have a couple of buddies up to help open camp and never have much success with the eyes... we end up loading up on panfish as a backup but would really love to increase my odds of dropping walleye fillets in the fryer this year... any suggestions?, can PM if you want.  Not looking for your honey hole, just general advice to increase my chances... thanks!
I go bass fishing and catch walleye on bass gear. 😁 happens every year...  from the walleye opener till ice season.
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Dug1898

« Reply #4628 on: Apr 24, 2018, 09:58 PM »
A bud from PA sent me this pic of his son with a nice tiger from 1 of his streams

What a beautiful fish Fred! I remember catching tiger trout in Carpenters Brook years ago...being hybrids, they never reproduced! Talk about Put n Take...

They sure are a good looking trout. Glad they're still around somewhere. Great picture.
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #4629 on: Apr 24, 2018, 10:59 PM »
Howdy dug how you doing..haven't seen ya or heard from ya since the fishing flea market..

buckethead

« Reply #4630 on: Apr 25, 2018, 07:33 AM »
Boat dock is in,water is to 10” low. Moved a 3’diameter rock at the end of the dock ,now it’s on shore. Glad I’ve have a 4 wheeler with a winch
Barry Bivens

Old Timer

« Reply #4631 on: Apr 25, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Water level is right on the high target level at Cleveland. 

Dug1898

« Reply #4632 on: Apr 25, 2018, 06:58 PM »
I'm good Big guy, thanks. I'm just about over a bronchitis bout. Tough sleeping for awhile...I'm slowly getting better.
I think the weather scared a lot of people from coming to that sale. Turn out was terrible. Some vendors didn't show up either...Oh well, ya snooze, ya lose.
Not sure how far the advertising went out either.

I didn't see any fishermen from the western fingerlakes. Last year there were several guys hot on those little lightweight flutter spoons I have.
Then there was the vendor just about giving lures away. Had I known that was going on, I would have made a sign...Make me an Offer!! Buy one/Get one...
Something...I'm not afraid of losing money to make money. It's all old stock or slightly used, my knives are about gone now; but they were  like new or new.

It was a good day. A fellow who buys and sells military knives etc. saved my day...And the Gooseman! Steve the Gooseman calls geese like a Goose!! Lmfao ;D
His goose call is also the easiest blowing goose call I have ever used...Duck, goose, wood duck, deer, turkey coyote, he's got them all! An Awesome Grunt Call!

google Gooseman Game Calls if interested. He's in Lakeland and he's got one of my hen wingbone turkey calls too...we made a good trade. 8)
It was a fun day, nice to meet you 2 guys and little guy.

There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

bigal409

« Reply #4633 on: Apr 25, 2018, 08:36 PM »
Hey dug. I found some good deals there. Was nice meeting you as well.  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

reeleyz

« Reply #4634 on: Apr 27, 2018, 06:26 PM »
Boat dock is in,water is to 10” low. Moved a 3’diameter rock at the end of the dock ,now it’s on shore. Glad I’ve have a 4 wheeler with a winch

The water is low for sure. I just put the dock in and I barely got the boat on to the hoist. Hopefully they bring the water up some in the next week.

And the docks are NOT in at Godfrey Point yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.