FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Who's Ready for the Open Water Season?  (Read 9816 times)

dickbaker

Re: Who's Ready for the Open Water Season?
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2017, 07:53 AM »
mudchuck ?   How about a little Rustoleum on the trailer hitch??   Your new/old boat is going to look sad the first time you scratch it??   
Lets hear about a successful next test trip?
Dick

dickbaker

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2017, 06:09 PM »
 ??? ::)  mudchuck?   Still hoping for your first fish on trial run?   Headed for the IS next weekend and hoping that I might see you there.
PB is obviously being a good student?

Dick

Perchbait

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Crayfish2, my Mom and I are headed out on a charter on Champlain tomorrow and I still have to write up a report for last weekend. Tight Lines to ALL!
perch bait on IS, if you couldn't figure that out on your own. ;)

mudchuck

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2017, 06:24 AM »
Haven't made it out in the boat yet, went to launch 2 Saturday's ago and couldn't get the motor to fire, bad rectifier, now on order and awaiting install. Figured while it was in for this service, might as well get the other stuff done that I was going to defer until after the boat season ends, so ordering a new impeller, water pump for the lower unit and a tune up for the top end and carb...there goes my new fish finder/GPS unit money!

Dummy me left the canoe paddles in the boat, so I'm shore bound this week too.

Did get on some white perch yesterday from shore.

dickbaker

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2017, 10:47 AM »
mudchuck?   Don't feel bad.  I once got up at 4:30 to duck hunt the Conn. River.   Decoys and gear loaded into the canoe at the river and it was still dark.    After looking everywhere I realized I forgot a paddle?   Tried a piece of driftwood and finally the but of my shotgun BUT!  nothing worked. 
Home by 6:00 AM for an early breakfast?
Dick

crayfish2

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2017, 11:54 AM »
Been there, Dick!  PB and I had to break off branches / small trees one time so we could "pole" our way to our duck blind about 300yds upstream in a creek.  Not fun in a canoe, in the dark, but we made it.

dickbaker

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2017, 07:33 PM »
 ???  trying to imagine setting decoy with a branch to move the canoe around??  Or even chasing cripples??  Sure will make a good story!
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.