FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Local Pond 6/12/17  (Read 2142 times)

Koissu

Local Pond 6/12/17
« on: Jun 13, 2017, 02:33 PM »
Went out last night in the heat looking for perch. This particular pond (sorry to be cryptic..friends wouldn't want me sharing) can be extremely hit and miss, but when you find the perch, they are usually nice and plump. Couldn't find much at my regular spot. I was jigging a crawler on a snell w/ gold spinner, and a neon orange/yellow glow tungsten jig with a crawler on an UL ugly stick. I started packing it in and let the wind carry me east. I couldn't tell if what I was going over in 12-15 FOW was fish or seaweed, so I dropped a line...sure enough it was a nice 12" perch. I back paddled a bit and the wind died down enough that I didn't need to drop anchor. No luck for about 15 minutes so I pulled in my first line. As I was reeling in the 2nd (tungsten jig), I watched 3 jumbo perch follow and turn back. So, I dropped it back down and just as it got out of sight, I felt a nice hit. Reeled it in, another 12" perch. Stayed for about another half hour (this was around 8pm), and packed it in with 7 nice perch. I was surprised the big ones were that shallow, but what do I know. I also thought one of these MUST be master angler, but alas, 12.5" was the biggest.

dickbaker

Re: Local Pond 6/12/17
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2017, 04:32 PM »
 ;DGreat report and y perch are my favorite fish to eat.  Keep it Up!
Dick

Koissu

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2017, 04:55 PM »
;DGreat report and y perch are my favorite fish to eat.  Keep it Up!
Dick

Blows my mind when I hear people call them junk fish  ??? ???

dickbaker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2017, 06:30 PM »
 ???  Just small version of walleye, that we all know are the best eating fish!
Dick

bootstrap

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2017, 08:55 PM »
nice catch and meal. nice pond to access.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.