FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout opener  (Read 5398 times)

Tom Hannock

Trout opener
« on: Mar 30, 2018, 09:23 AM »
Who's fishing Sunday and where?  Looks like last year's opener with temps in the low 40's, breezy and some precip.  Streams were rolling this morning.  I think I'm hitting the Ashokan again this year and chuck some spoons for browns. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

centerpinjosh

• live to fish forced to work
Re: Trout opener
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2018, 11:34 AM »
Well its my little guys first easter he is old enough to have fun... So no fishing for me Sunday... Tuesday its game on hopefully water goes down a touch and it will be some finger lakes tribs

huntbeagles86

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2018, 11:48 AM »
I live right by Cold Brook so I'm going to hit that for a few hours before doing Easter with my wife and daughter...

Bartman44

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Who's fishing Sunday and where?  Looks like last year's opener with temps in the low 40's, breezy and some precip.  Streams were rolling this morning.  I think I'm hitting the Ashokan again this year and chuck some spoons for browns.

Wow, it' been a year already. I'd hit you up but I'll be Easter grilling with the fam.  Good luck if you go.

Barty   

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2018, 08:10 PM »
good luck to all, I will be in between spring creek in caledonia and the oatka in scottsville. Im betting it will be an interesting opening day with all the recent rainfall and high waters , be safe stay dry and post some pics! Its nice how easy it is to post pics now, too bad the waters Ive been spying look like chocolate milk lately...
done dirt cheap!

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2018, 07:54 AM »

The streams I fish are raging so I’m holding off for a while 😡but I’m still getting in some ice time ,

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2018, 05:07 PM »
where  am I fishing  for  trout opener????............... :rotflol: ............yeah over that way
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2018, 11:46 AM »
head waters of some local streams,and a few ponds
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

jeff521

« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2018, 04:32 PM »

UglyStik

« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2018, 05:13 PM »
Nice!!!

here is the Carpenters Brook Stocking Report:

http://fishonondagacounty.com/about-the-fishing/stocking-reports/

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2018, 05:58 PM »
nice fish man!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2018, 06:52 PM »
good job, nice trout ya got there! I didnt bother trying today after checking a few spots yesrerday the water was just too high, rain tmrw too :P
done dirt cheap!

Nomis

« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:47 AM »

Went to a smaller Washington County stream on opening day and got this guy. He went about 13".

I've fished opening day every season for the last 18 years. This is only the second time I haven't been skunked. We usually just go down to a little spot by my brother's house, just to say we got a line wet. I lost a different one on my first cast, so I decided to stay a little longer. Fifteen minutes later, I got on on the bank. We were late for Easter dinner, but it was worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2018, 10:18 AM »

Just seen a pic in the post-standard  of a 20.5” brown caught by a 9year old ,🎣👍🏻

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #14 on: Apr 08, 2018, 02:51 PM »

Went to a smaller Washington County stream on opening day and got this guy. He went about 13".

I've fished opening day every season for the last 18 years. This is only the second time I haven't been skunked. We usually just go down to a little spot by my brother's house, just to say we got a line wet. I lost a different one on my first cast, so I decided to stay a little longer. Fifteen minutes later, I got on on the bank. We were late for Easter dinner, but it was worth it.
Congrats Nomis! I've fished Washington County streams on opening day for 50 years and I've only got 4 no-skunks!  Skunked again this year. . . still!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.