FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: LOST & FOUND...  (Read 3722 times)

UglyStik

LOST & FOUND...
« on: Apr 13, 2018, 01:07 PM »
If you were fishing Skaneateles and you are looking for your bucket of stuff, it's right where you left it.

maybe this thread would make a good sticky,  pinned to the top. Others could add items to it.
Be careful with your stuff!!!

UglyStik

Re: LOST & FOUND...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2018, 02:01 PM »
owner came and got it. not sure he saw the post but alls well that ends well.

Swampking89

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2018, 03:45 PM »
Nice! That's sucks to leave anything behind and not have a good samaritan help you out.that's why MFF and IS rule!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2018, 05:40 PM »
Probably a case of FWI :-\

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2018, 05:52 AM »
Nice! That's sucks to leave anything behind and not have a good samaritan help you out.that's why MFF and IS rule!!

Yeh Swampking,

I agree. You young guys have to keep an eye on us seniors. I am having more and more senior moments it seems. I left my favorite felt fishing hat sitting on the pipe bollard at Kring's Point on Friday. That hat and me go back a long way. Sheer sentimentality I am sure, but if someone finds it, I would greatly appreciate a PM.  I'm going to knock on wood before I even say this. I haven't forgotten to put the plug in the boat in about 5 years now, thanks to my boat launch check list.  First item: put the plug in, CHECK.
 :whistling: :whistling:

Post Script:  I know, I know, I am conflating two different issues. "Lost and found" and "Senior Moments" (forgetfulness). Without too much of a stretch , I believe you can see the relationship  eh?

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2018, 06:02 AM »
Probably a case of FWI :-\Rg

:rotflol: :rotflol:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2018, 01:45 PM »
I was fishing the oatka under the 383 bridge in cal/mum this a.m and found a nice folding pocket knife if ya lost one describe it and I'll get it back to ya. got the ol skunk this a.m. It was pouring but I had to kill an hour anyway.
done dirt cheap!

UglyStik

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2018, 03:47 PM »
NINE MILE CREEK just now... left it there....
grey tackle box with telescoping rod.
I could have started a tackle shop.

OneBucketMike

• OneBucketMike
« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2018, 06:53 PM »
NINE MILE CREEK just now... left it there....
grey tackle box with telescoping rod.
I could have started a tackle shop.

UglyStik, you are the fishing tackle Whisperer!  Hope that the people following you also don't pick it up for thenselves.
One Bucket Mike

UglyStik

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2018, 08:35 PM »
I hope so too. A busy spot, I am guessing a lot of folks already saw it and did not take it, so hopefully the owner returns and gets it.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 02:06 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Back about a month ago, I related to you the old felt fishing hat I had inadvertently left sitting on the pipe bollard at Kring's Point boat launch . Well it seams a friend of a friend who fishes Kring's Point frequently, checked with the park office and he noticed an old felt hat in the lost and found. The park attendant had noticed it and brought it in to the office. My friend's friend, EDDY, noticed it and gave the hat to my friend Hacket who in turn brought it back to me. Quite the lengthy trip for an old felt fishing hat.

Funny how these old sentimental objects mean so much to us. Thank you to all involved in the return of  my old felt fishing hat.  I promise to take better care of it in the future.

Swampking89

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 03:30 PM »
I have my brother's old leather hat that I bring fishing with me.he passed away in '89 and try to take him fishing with me whenever I can.even took him to Alaska with me!! Never letting that hat go!!

UglyStik

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Glad you got it back Boggey. Interesting path it took to return, a group effort. Thanks for the update!

jperch

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 05:14 PM »
That's a great story Jim, glad to hear that your hat found its way back home.
jperch

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 07:50 AM »
Great news all, glad to hear about the recovered gear.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.