FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The calm before the Storm  (Read 2206 times)

BiteMe

The calm before the Storm
« on: May 01, 2018, 07:26 PM »
Is everybody ready to catch some walleye this weekend?

Fishy, Fishy in the lake, please come here and take my bait. I troll and jig you take my hook, and then I take you home to cook.

gotagetm

Re: The calm before the Storm
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 07:28 PM »
h//l yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!boat about loaded and about done with bucktails
bring n midnight friday!!!!!!!!!

jeffro9023

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 07:31 PM »
Well I will be out there all day Saturday and probly even a bit of some night trolling. Weather is looking pretty decent
Where can I catch a crappie? Thanks in advance

Bosco

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 07:19 AM »
The low of 48 degrees I can handle. The scattered thunderstorms and 25 mph winds being forecast I could do without.

BiteMe

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Looking good.

Fishy, Fishy in the lake, please come here and take my bait. I troll and jig you take my hook, and then I take you home to cook.

Swampking89

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 04:44 PM »
Keep your eye on the radar !

big_guy_13021

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 04:57 PM »
Hmmm I'm a very big fisherman..I have a question to ask not being a wise guy either..but is opening day of walleye really that big a deal anymore..you can get them all yr long..just curious is all...

BiteMe

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Not as big as it use to be. But have been doing the derby on Oneida for almost 30 years and have placed a couple times. But much better then yard work.

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 05:05 PM »
Very windy over here and a thunderstorm just blew threw but I got done with work early enough to beat the rain and thunder to take a few pre-game casts

Landed two fishin the river in mt. Morris and seen a few nice smallies caught, best part was I lost one of my favorite rattletraps on a snag then the guy next to me caught it and gave it back!! Good luck to all you guys, be safe and at least catch a buzz tonight HA!! Tmrw looks beautiful...
done dirt cheap!

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 05:49 PM »
Hmmm I'm a very big fisherman..I have a question to ask not being a wise guy either..but is opening day of walleye really that big a deal anymore..you can get them all yr long..just curious is all...
its kind of a big deal IMO, its just nice to be able to target the two species legally again. With bass being open catch and release year round, lots of people use this as an excuse to target walleyes or pike to catch for fun while they're spawning. At least Now ya can kill em and grill em if ya choose or you can fish a walleye derby for the fun of it, Fun times!! I look forward to catching and eating pike more than the opener of bass or trout myself.
done dirt cheap!

UglyStik

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 06:47 PM »
I am a little puzzled by the ' get them all year long part', BigGuy. It closes march 15th and opens 1st sat. in may, no? Are you talking road trip to somewhere else, crossing state line? Or the reservoir in western NY? just curious. Good Luck on the panfish.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 07:10 PM »
I'm just getting a case of crs lol OK it closes for a month and a half you know what I meant I think that's OK I thought I asked this question on Oneida lake die hards thread and it didn't post ..so I posted it on there to lol now I know where I asked the first time ..must a been something in my Pepsi...😂🤣😂🤣😂

UglyStik

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 07:28 PM »
LOL, One of my old bosses would tell his kids we were having 'Special Pepsi's' that they wern't allowed to have any of. made me think of that.

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 03:14 PM »

I think deeds means bass is catch and release during the closed season , which some could be using bass as an excuse to fish eyes ,
No officer I’m bass fishing but the eyes keep hitting but I’m releasing them ,  because the season is closed , I’ve fished several spots with the same results 😜

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.