FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Summer cabin rental recommendations  (Read 2538 times)

purduebass

Re: Summer cabin rental recommendations
« Reply #15 on: Apr 16, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Thank you everyone for the suggestions.  We have stayed at Shakamak several times and it is our favorite park in the state.  I will be looking more into the Hamlin lake area and the northwoods area in Wisconsin.  The little research ive done so far has me excited.  They both seem like amazing places.  I just wanted to try somewhere new this summer.  I'll keep you all posted with our decision and the report from the trip.  Thanks again, Purduebass

lovetfish

« Reply #16 on: Apr 16, 2018, 09:35 AM »
Check out VRBO for Wis have stayed at some great places in Northern Wis. using them

goathead

« Reply #17 on: Apr 16, 2018, 04:44 PM »
Have you checked out brown county - Nashville Indiana. We have been renting modern cottages from Hill's O' Brown realty for many
years. They are great and Brown county state park is really nice with a huge pool. Yellowwood state park has great fishing and rents boats. Check out Hill's O Brown's website and you'll get an Idea. They have a lot of deals for 500.00 for 5 nights Sunday-Thursday.

fishcrazy

« Reply #18 on: Apr 17, 2018, 12:23 PM »
I see Teach isn’t giving up his spot..don’t blame him. Lots of good options for you from cheap to outrageous prices. Wisconsin and Michigan are the to best states in this great country. Go enjoy it with the family you will never regret it. TK

netminder34

« Reply #19 on: Apr 17, 2018, 03:03 PM »
Ludington is a good place, I am making a return trip to Houghton lake this summer about 4hr from NWI.  We camped it a couple summers ago and had a great time, I think they have cabins at the State Park on Higgins lake just to the north of it.  Lots of rental cabins around Houghton, fairly shallow, water warms pretty fast, good family fun lake, and decent fishing.  Higgins is deeper but holds some decent perch and trout fishing.  A little farther North are Mullet and Burt lakes and 45 miles of waterway in the chain or lakes with some decent fishing also.  Camped 5 days at Mullet last year, good time but too short a trip, will be heading up for at least a week again this summer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.