FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Old Photos  (Read 5045 times)

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
Old Photos
« on: Apr 15, 2018, 05:01 PM »
Ran across some old fish related pics while cleaning this weekend.
These photos were taken in Guffin Bay many moons ago, before I owned a digital camera.
Guffin Bay is on the north east corner of Lake Ontario. A neighbor alerted us to a belly up fish we might want to have a look at.
It was a fourth of July weekend, and the neighbors did alert the DEC. Didn't have a tape measure on the boat unfortunately. So I tried to get my swimming fool of a daughter to pose next to the great fish to show proportionate size. "No way Dad!" Still couldn't convince her after telling her she would live to be over 100 if she swam with the mighty Sturgeon!
We did roll it over and looked but didn't see any obvious injuries.
Any idea how old a fish like this might be?

filetandrelease

Re: Old Kodak Photos
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Very cool pic , I like old pics , thanks for sharing , males have a shorter life span than females , males around 50 and females much much longer

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2018, 10:36 AM »
Your welcome F&R. I have some more to load but my cannon program isn't recognizing the memory card. Funny, I bet the old Kodak still works! More to come if I can get it figured out...

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2018, 11:00 AM »
OK, here is one of my Great Grandfather George. My parents had it blown up into a poster for me 37 years ago.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Great photos RB. .
I canr make out what kind of fish your GF is holding. Laker?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Stream caught brown. Must have been a big deal, they had a post card made out of it in the day. Grandmother guessed 1920's.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2018, 12:27 PM »
Very cool memories...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2018, 12:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing!

pimplepounder

Re: Old Photos
« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2018, 10:38 AM »
I love looking at these old photos....seeing my daughter has grown up so fast and little Pounder is right behind her here is my favorite old pic...my daughter was 6 months old

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2018, 10:52 AM »
 I entered this bass in the Genesee Beer tournement the last year it was run..
Official weight the next day on a local market deli  scale was 6.06..
The last bass i ever killed on purpose..

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #10 on: Apr 17, 2018, 11:17 AM »
Great old pics guys! Seeing how crappy it is outside I hoped this would entertain us for a while. I've talked gear to death... :P

BiteMe

« Reply #11 on: Apr 17, 2018, 11:35 AM »
Here's some pics of my dad in his teens in Idaho in the CCCs back in the 30s.

Fishy, Fishy in the lake, please come here and take my bait. I troll and jig you take my hook, and then I take you home to cook.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 17, 2018, 03:08 PM »
back in the late early 70's  I enjoyed  catching   salmon and  lake Ontario  trout  with  the best friend I ever had ..... he was my fishing and trapping partner  even went hunting with me although he hated guns after the war .... we always  had fun .....as time went by I seen our roles switch .he no longer carried me on his shoulder and I was the one waiting for him ,but that was ok .....to be honest we probably should  be in jail for some of the shenanigans we pulled ,I look back at it now and laugh .... I think the statutes of limitation is over  by now ......anyway  ..... to my best friend ,teacher ,and  buddy ,my pop ....... I'm thinking he's  ripping  salmon in heaven  right now and it's legal  there

and that steelie was caught on a night crawler in late april  in sage creek  on the  bridge  on 104b .....that was 46 years ago ...ain't it funny how time slips away ......... still my partner pop  :D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Apr 17, 2018, 03:11 PM »
Love the photos...
Shad fishing. Me , dad and gramps..

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #14 on: Apr 17, 2018, 03:16 PM »
I entered this bass in the Genesee Beer tournement the last year it was run..
Official weight the next day on a local market deli  scale was 6.06..
The last bass i ever killed on purpose..

Sounds familiar! I entered the contest, '78-'81?  Had my fish weight at a local deli also, 6lb. 9.5oz. Last bass I have ever killed... released two that were bigger too.
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.